HELP TO UNDERSTAND THIS PCB LAYOUT

er_kapil

Joined Mar 22, 2015
Guys,
Sorry if I look a real dumb ass asking this question here, but I am a migrant from different world here you see, can some one please throw some light on this PCB to make me understand it's working. I have gk about how diodes, trans, relay and reg works.. just need to understand the logical flow in this PCB please.
The relay attached is bistable latching type btw, pulse in to set it, and another pulse in to reset it.
Any help or suggestion on further reading or referral much appreciated.
Cheers.

LATCHING PCB.jpg

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
To reverse engineer this board the component side and values would have to be known, For two sides of the board, I see NO components?
Looks like a bare board ready to be populated?
Max.

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
@er kapil

What I suggest you do is either find the schematic from one of the vendors or use paper to place the parts on the board. From that, you can probably figure out the schematic. Then we can help you figure out how it works. I didn't mean to make light of your question.

John

AnalogKid

Joined Aug 1, 2013
The relay has two coils, one to set and one to reset, with a common power connection to the positive input power voltage. Each coil is driven by a small NPN transistor. A positive voltage on set or reset input turns on the transistor, energizing its coil.

ak