Help to identify PCB board please

Eggy78

Joined Aug 23, 2014
Hello All,

I'm a complete novice when it come to this stuff so please be kind ;)

Please see pictures attached.

The board is for a down hole camera which I'm unable to get a picture feed through on a monitor. There is a slight burn mark on the left which has steered me to thinking this board may be the culprit. Easy to replace cheap to buy?
Whats it even called? Video Card?

Cheers in advance!

David

Attachments

Brevor

Joined Apr 9, 2011
Both the IC's on your board are burnt, They may have had too high a voltage applied or reversed voltage. Sorry there is nothing you can do to fix it.

THE_RB

Joined Feb 11, 2008
Wow that's nasty. I'm thinking reversed voltage, probably from a high current source like a battery.

What is it out of?

Eggy78

Joined Aug 23, 2014
Hi Brevor and THE_RB,

Really appreciate your information. It comes from a winch and camera housing that's used to check for any defects in the rock or casing down drill holes, up to depths of 200m+

I've been quoted $600 aussie $ to replace, which I thought was bloody high, but I'm used to high Australian prices :(

$150 from the US.

The reel and camera are even more expensive so I just wanted to get some info on this component of the gear before I scared myself with replacing the other bits.

THE_RB

Joined Feb 11, 2008
I think the first thing to work out is WHY it failed. That is not a spontaneous failure in the field, it has died due to extreme abuse.

If you knwo what the failure was (like someone shorted a wire out, or reversed the PSU) then all is ok you can just replace the unit.

If you don't know the cause and it might re-occur then replacing the unit could work out doubly expensive. ;)