Help required to identify circuit board

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
If I was to stick them on ebay (as seems a shame to just bin them as they are untouched) what should I list them as and at what price?
But are you able to offer them in working condition?
Often people collect old-failed boards that originally are/were expensive!
Max.

Sean801

Joined Nov 11, 2019
Just curious how he would have acquired them if they were working and have some obvious value?
Max.
Absolutely no idea. He's got a garage full of electronic stuff.
Just trying to sort through it, trying to sell it for my Mum really as she has no use for it.
He was in contact with a lot of people with similar interests and they used to swap, trade, buy and sell this kind of stuff between them. He was also always buying from ebay.

For someone interested in and knowledgeable about electronics, his garage would be a treasure trove for them.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
For someone interested in and knowledgeable about electronics, his garage would be a treasure trove for them.
Pretty much mirrors my storage area, after a life time in the field, Electrical/Electronics/CNC parts etc, much of it new, but have tried the local vending sites with no real luck, seems a shame to pitch it, the other alternative is find some local hobby group etc that might find a use for it all.
Max.

Sean801

Joined Nov 11, 2019
Pretty much mirrors my storage area, after a life time in the field, Electrical/Electronics/CNC parts etc, much of it new, but have tried the local vending sites with no real luck, seems a shame to pitch it, the other alternative is find some local hobby group etc that might find a use for it all.
Max.
Ok thanks for the advice.

What are these things anyway? I mean would I just describe it as a 'circuit board'?

Sean801

Joined Nov 11, 2019
Bit of a problem to describe them as any thing else without the purpose for the end use.
What machine/equipment they come from.!
Max.
Ah I see. I think he may have been using these with cash counting machines. But being no longer able to ask him I can't confirm that!

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
You need to list the ICs on the boards, which tend to hint at what it may have been used for and what it may be good for. There are a few IC types that are certainly worth unsoldering.

AnalogKid

Joined Aug 1, 2013
On the surface of each component. Surface mount parts resort to abbreviations and codes rather than complete part numbers because there is so little room. Start with the 14- and 8-pin parts; they are both easiest to read and the most important. On the 14-pin parts there probably is a manufacturer's logo, some version of the part number, and a date code. Post all of the writing line-by-line and we probably can decipher it for you.

ak

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Those boards are relatively new, 2013, only 6 years old. Your father must have acquired them after he retired 20 years ago.
What kind of work did your father do? Do you know the name of the company he worked for?

I wouldn't try to sell them just yet until you figure out what it is. You may be throwing away good money.
We have seen your photos of the boards but the image is not good enough to read the fine details.
See if you can get some close ups so that we can read the writing on the ICs (chips).
You can even try putting the boards upside down on a photocopy machine or scanner.

As for the remainder of the electronics, let's take one at a time. We may be able to advise you on their value. There are members on AAC from all over the world. If you post your location someone near you can give you a hand with this. Contact @Dodgydave via PM and see if he is willing to lend a hand.