help needed with ups

paachu802

Joined Feb 5, 2014
I want to connect ups in my home this is my home connection..for simplicity i havenot shown fuse,main switch,and earthing....from RCCB phase is distributed to MCB's and from MCB's to Switchboxes which have one socket and switches for lights and fans.... Neutral is directly connected to boxes to lights and fans..Motor is directly connected without MCB through one switch(not shown in fig)Untitled.pngthis is fig2 ...i supposed to connect plz help ...i have opened connection at RCCB output to the iput of ups through a socket in Box 3 and output of UPS is fedback through box3 socket no.2 to its MCB ...is it okUntitled2.png

Kermit2

Joined Feb 5, 2010
You need neutral line to UPS

Your UPS output is going to the output side of the breaker.

You have no disconnect between your UPS system and utilities. You must disconnect utilities from your system when using the UPS.

paachu802

Joined Feb 5, 2014
thanks for reply..Kermit2..i was not feeling well past weeks sorry for late comments....i will connect netral from ups..i want to know is my connection ok...and i want to know at which part the rest of circuit is isolated when main power fails...is it inside ups or RCCB does not conduct in reverse direction??????