help needed for motor circuit

slangguy

Joined Jan 27, 2011
Hi, im currently working on my motor circuit but i don't know how to do it. I have 2 sensors that i need to join to my motor board. If both sensor give a 0, the motor will move forward but if any of the sensor gives a 1 the motor will move backward.

Please help i need it urgent for my school project... THANK YOU!!!

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
We have no details, so we can't help. There are more than one kind of sensor, just as there are more than one kind of motor. Yours is probably low voltage DC, but how low?

slangguy

Joined Jan 27, 2011
im hoping to use 5V for my motor .Im using LM35 for my temperature sensor.If there is other things you need to know please let me know.Thanks!

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
Very simply, we need every bit of information that you have. You say you have a motor board. What does it do? What does the schematic look like?

LM35's are temperature sensors - how are they to be employed?

slangguy

Joined Jan 27, 2011
DSC00105.jpg temp sensor

P28-01-11_23.09.jpg moisture sensor
Im trying to use these 2 sensor to control my motor sensor (which we dont know how to make it) .
When the temp sensor senses e.g 28 degree , it will activate the motor which causes it to move forward("having a binary 0") but if its below 24 degree , it will active the motor to move backwards("having a binary 1").
When the moisture sensor senses moisture , it will active the motor to move backwards("having a binary 1") and vice versa.
Its like if its 0 0 motor will moves forward while there is a 1 the motor will move backward.Hope you can help us with our board ty..

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
In your schematic, the LM358's pins 2 and 3 are reversed. Pin 3 is the non-inverting input. Some of the functions, like the two LED's are not obvious.

There is no input apparent for the moisture sensor. Typically, a finger type sensor has an output pulled up high, and conduction across the fingers caused the output to pull down to 0.

Your motor is able to run only one way as it is currently designed. A relay might be added to swap motor voltage connections for a reverser.