Help! My MP3 Player is from the Stone Age and I am lost without my Charger!

mslynn1980

Joined Sep 28, 2018
Hello everyone!

I am a new member getting to know your site, and I am glad to be part of your community. I have always loved electronics, cars, engineering, math and science since I was a kid. I remember being 9 years old and taking apart my Dad's VCR and attempting to put it together - I got close but no cigar, and the whopping with the belt was sooo not worth it!

Anyway, I am coming to you tonight with a REAL 911 emergency. My music has been hijacked!! After a bit of crazy shennanigans out here in New York I managed to lose my 11 year old MP3's charger, and I can't find a replacement anywhere!

I was hoping some wise ass engineer or programmer can track this down for me and use their magic with a computer to locate manufacturers or companies that may have it in stock. Its so old I have no idea what the model number is and the Sansa Website told me they don't sell chargers for their MP3s! WTF!!!

All I know its a Sansa Sandisk MP3 8MB player and I am in desperate need of my music! I even have a cassette tape with a wire that connects right into the Sansa that plays through my speakers! What a sweet deal that I lost!

Hopefully one of you geniuses can lend a girl a hand.

Take care and enjoy your weekend!

Ethlyn

mslynn1980

Joined Sep 28, 2018
You are not alone. I still use my SanDisk E280v8 - great little machine. I think those chargers are out there, see here for example https://www.ebay.com/i/400977222171?chn=ps&var=670508917990 but you may need to 1) get your model number (look carefully, the model number is there somewhere) and 2) do a little background work to determine if the chargers out there are compatible with that model.
You know I never thought of Ebay, what a great idea! I was always weary of Ebay because of the condition of items but I may need to suck it up and try it. I love my little Sandisk too, and trust me the model number is long gone with the age of time!

Thanks anyway for your help, I will see what I can find.

LesJones

Joined Jan 8, 2017
Can you post a picture of the connector that the charger plugs in to. If it is a mini or micro USB connector any USB type power supply should work.

Les.

Last edited: