Help me understand BJT

That is a comment that will get a long (and often tedious) argument from certain forum members.
My view is that the current operated viewpoint works well for large signal considerations (bias point and switching operation, etc.) whereas a voltage operated viewpoint (transconductance operation) often works best for small AC signal calculations.
Ah! Yes! --- à la 'large signal' vs. y-parameter paradigms (as applied to RF networks) --- Humans are indeed creatures of convenience!:D

Best regards
HP:)

Evelyn1234

Joined Mar 20, 2015
Thank you again Papabravo! Your posts has been particularly helpful.

You mentioned that saturation of Vce at 0.2v. Does this mean that there is no further increase of Ic (Ie) even if i increase further Ib by increasing Vbe after this? Will the transistor itself be pushed beyond its limit, if i keep increasing Ib through Vbe, forgetting about the limit by external components?

Evelyn1234

Joined Mar 20, 2015
I am guessing the limit here is the NPN transistor itself where there is a limit in the number of electrons coming in from emitter, where at certain Vbe, there is already a maximum number of electrons that can come from emitter. So in this case, further increasing of Ib or Vbe will have no effect on Ic anymore.