Help me identify these LEDs

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
I've got a couple LEDs that I know very little about. I'm hoping they look familiar to someone.

The smaller one on the left lights up if I supply 12V thru a 220Ω resistor. Vf = 8V. I suspect it can get a lot brighter but I have no idea of the max current rating.

The big one was in a bag labelled "150W 6000-6500K". I have no idea how to light that one up.

IMG_3127.png

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Last edited:

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
NO!!! Do NOT use rectified mains power. The voltage will be excessive . Until you know the proper forward voltage there is a chance of doing damage, and with am LED device like that it is a fair amount of money's worth. There is also the problem that LEDs can easily fail from excess reverse voltage, which might even be less thatn the normal forward voltage. I followed the one link and looked at that chart and that gives a forward voltage of 30 to 34 volts. and a current of several amps. Now that the smaller one lights, you can see which side gets the positive, and there may be a similar physical clue on the larger one. Then you can experiment with applying a lower voltage to seewhat makes it light.
Another caution is that with that much power input it will get very hot very fast and so you do need a serious heat sink.

ElectricSpidey

Joined Dec 2, 2017
The smaller one is the 10 watt version.

The larger one looks like 100 watts, probably around 32 to 34 volts vf.

10 x 10 rows...150 watts is 10 x 15 rows

Although the bigger one could be 150 watts.