Help making a UV LED panel/Lamp

pixer

Joined Sep 20, 2017
I wonder if it would be possible to contact someone here on these forums to help me build a LED UV panel/lamp. Does anyone know or have tips how I could post a thread and ask if someone has the engineer skill to build a panel concisting of UV LED diodes in a simple array, if I buy and order all the parts needed, and they just do the job? I could pay them for the work hours etc.

ANyone have tips for persons here to contact or that does things like that?

recklessrog

Joined May 23, 2013
Hi which country are you in? I recently made one with U.V leds, and a bigger one with four U.V florescent tubes very cheaply for my club.
Rather than mess around with making drivers for the tubes, I used bought four low energy flouro bulbs the same rating as the tubes, took the inverters out of the bulb bases, used central heating plastic pipe clips to hold the tubes hard wired it all up on a piece of bass board which I cut to fit snugly inside a heavy duty cardboard filing box. I bought a very cheap glass kitchen cutting board which is rippled an nicely diffuses the light. glued it all up with a hot glue gun and it works brilliantly (pun intended) I will post a couple of pictures if you are interested.

pixer

Joined Sep 20, 2017
Hi Recklessrog, I live in Norway. Could you contact me on private inbox for more details please? I am a "newbie" here and do not know how I contact private. :)

recklessrog

Joined May 23, 2013
Hi Recklessrog, I live in Norway. Could you contact me on private inbox for more details please? I am a "newbie" here and do not know how I contact private. :)
Hi, so as not to hijack this thread, I will post details in a new thread this week. I'm a bit busy babysitting today and tomorrow but I will PM you with details of the thread so that you and others can follow it. Hope that's ok.