Help identifying transistors

Robert Dorr

Joined Apr 6, 2015
I need some identifying a couple of transistors. They are surface mount and one is marked "2F U" and the other is marked "1P V". I'm pretty sure they are both small signal transistors and one is NPN and the other is PNP. Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Bob
WA7ZQR

Robert Dorr

Joined Apr 6, 2015
From your info, it's only a guess as to what they are.
Do you have any information on the circuit they are in?
The equipment it is in is an Ortec Ace Mate 925 Scint Bias Amplifier. It's used for Scintillation Probes and Multi Channel Analyzers. The transistor package is a SMD SOT-23. I have done some further looking and I think the important part of the ID that I have is the "2F" and the "1P". It looks like the "2F" is equivalent to a 2N2222 NPN and the "1P" is equivalent to a 2N2907 PNP. What do you think?

Bob
WA7ZQR

Robert Dorr

Joined Apr 6, 2015
The equipment it is in is an Ortec Ace Mate 925 Scint Bias Amplifier. It's used for Scintillation Probes and Multi Channel Analyzers. The transistor package is a SMD SOT-23. I have done some further looking and I think the important part of the ID that I have is the "2F" and the "1P". It looks like the "2F" is equivalent to a 2N2222 NPN and the "1P" is equivalent to a 2N2907 PNP. What do you think?

Bob
WA7ZQR

And I forgot to mention, it was made in approximately 1990.

Bob
WA7ZQR

Robert Dorr

Joined Apr 6, 2015
Yes they are bad. One of the "2F" transistors has a burn hole through it. One of the "1P" transistors passes the standard transistor junction test, about .65 volts across each junction when forward biased. the other "1P" measures about 2 ohms between emitter and base and the other "2F" transistor has about .3 volts across the junctions either forward or reversed biased. So I think I may have one good transistor out of the 4. So I'm just going to replace them all just in case.

Robert Dorr

Joined Apr 6, 2015
Thanks for all of the information. It looks like my guess was correct, the "2F" is equivalent to a 2N2222 and the "1P" is equivalent to a 2N2907. I've ordered replacements from Mouser. I'll see how the repair goes. Again, thanks for the help.

Bob
WA7ZQR