Help identify components

trad04

Joined Sep 27, 2015
Hello,

I was hoping someone could help me identify these burnt up components that came from a monitor for an arcade.

trad_20171007_215409_cropped.jpg

trad_20171007_215416_cropped.jpg

Moderators note: cropped images

Last edited by a moderator:

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
They look to be resistors. Resistors, like many other components burn up as a result of over current. Unfortunately what you are looking at is a symptom and very likely not a cause. The actual cause being why the resistors burned up. You can try ang figure their values and replace them only to see the replacements burn up also. This is where a circuit diagram would be helpful in diagnosing what went wrong and why.

Also, this would work better if you would have started a new thread. Likely a moderator will do that.

Ron

trad04

Joined Sep 27, 2015
I believe both are resistors. The brown one has the standard bands and is labeled with R### (### is three numbers), but the black one is labeled R### and has no identifiable markings.

ajune

Joined Oct 24, 2017
Hi,

It will be better if you can give your schematic drawing so we can see the location that part was used.
Burning that resistor is due to particular function to which is is used .

trad04

Joined Sep 27, 2015
Yeah, the one with the colored bands reads 10kohm but the others seem to be too small for my volt meter. I think they are wire round, and I'm still trying to find the schematic.