Help I need wiring diagram and capacitor specs for Dayton fan model 3C219C

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by Bigfoot2337, May 5, 2017.

1. Bigfoot2337

Thread Starter New Member

May 5, 2017
    image.jpg image.jpg Hi everybody my name is Ben and I'm new to the forum I just signed up because I'm trying to get this fan fixed it's a Dayton model 3C219C fan I called Granger because that seem to be the biggest answer on any of the forms but they were no help saying that the fan of been discontinued and that they had no data sheets for this motor the company that made it went out of business anyway it's a half horsepower 1075 RPM 2speed 115 V fan I have five wires coming out of the back of the fan all are black from the back of the motor three of them have leftover pieces of wire one is red one is blue and 2are black one is bare copper

2. Brevor

Apr 9, 2011
    So what is your question?
    (edit) Oh Ok your question is in the title, Sorry to say you may not get a good answer.
    A wiring diagram wont be much help if all the wires are black.

Last edited: May 5, 2017
  3. Bigfoot2337

May 5, 2017
    There labeled t1-t2 -p1 and such like that and I have leftover colors from the switch witc is gone and I need to figure out what capacitor is needed hoping someone somewhere has this fan and can help. GRanger was no help they just told me that it was a company that went out of business and so now I need to just buy a new fan motor which they offered me for $275 but I don't want to spend that on the fan I got for free if I can help it the motor does turn over and if you tap the two wires together where the capacitor used to be it kicks it into a high-speed but it's still not running right because it's not wired correctly this was just a half assed attempt to see if the motor was any good

4. Ylli

Nov 13, 2015
    Dayton Electric Manufacturing Company is a subsidiary of Grainger. Dayton *IS* Grainger. Talk to them again - they should have data on that motor, you'll just need to find the right person who knows where to locate it.

5. Bigfoot2337

May 5, 2017
    I will try again but I spoke to two different people on two different phone calls one guy said he get me the information and email it to me Said he would have it to me within 20 minutes I waited two hours before I called back he never came through with anything next gentleman I spoke to was the one that informed me that the company that made that model motor was out of business and they didn't have any paperwork regarding that motor.The motors are made by many different companies just labeled Dayton to be sold at Granger. But I guess I will try to call back next Monday and see what I come up with