Help decipher schematic capacitor identification codes

RubenA

Joined Nov 15, 2017
Hey everyone,

I'm working on a laptop motherboard and need help understanding the identification of some of the capacitors shown on the schematic.

On the schematic it lists the following capacitors:
  • 2.2U_0603_6.3V6K
  • 0.01U_0402_16V7K
What I understand so far is that the first capacitor is a 2.2µF with a footprint of 0603 and a rating of 6.3 volts.
What I can't seem to figure out on my own and through research is what is meant by the 6K and 7K at the end of the descriptions.

Would someone be able to clarify this for me? I don't want to end up purchasing the wrong replacement parts.

Here's the section of the schematic if anyone is interested:

I also wanted to say I apologise if this is in the wrong section and kindly ask if it could be moved to the correct one.

Thank you and kind regards,
Ruben A

RubenA

Joined Nov 15, 2017
Thanks Dendad,

I had come across those sites in my research and concluded the same regarding the 6, 7 and K.
I just thought i'd see if I could get a definitive answer.

I think I will go with that. I don't think it is critical that they're the exact match besides the temperature as it could get quite toasty inside the laptop. I highly doubt it would exceed the K rating of 105ºC inside the laptop anyway.

It would be great if someone could confirm our suspicions for future reference by me and other users.

Thanks again for your help :)