Help Calculating Moisture with with Analog Devices MCU and AD Eclipse IDE

Ryan Jones

Joined Aug 27, 2016
Hey, all! Me again, from MIT-i, asking for help with programming.

For our next video I am using an Analog Devices mcu, their version of the Eclipse IDE, and 0398 shield to measure moisture, specifically using this demo project.

The catch is that I am using a different moisture sensor than what's listed in the project, shown here. Unfortunately, there is not much technical info in this datasheet.

I need to convert the current moisture calculation to work with the new sensor. The github page with the source code is listed here

The reason for the help is that I lack programming skill in C/C++ as I usually work with Arduino language or Python. Not asking for answers, but any insight helps!

Thanks again, I love the help found within this community.

Ryan Jones

Joined Aug 27, 2016
As a basic hobbyist, I am not a programmer so extensive IDEs as such are confusing and overwhelming, especially when one small change effects 25 separate programming files, in an unfamiliar language. Recently, I've found a lot of support in this community, but I appreciate you at least giving it a look.

shteii01

Joined Feb 19, 2010
As a basic hobbyist, I am not a programmer so extensive IDEs as such are confusing and overwhelming, especially when one small change effects 25 separate programming files, in an unfamiliar language. Recently, I've found a lot of support in this community, but I appreciate you at least giving it a look.
This is Arduino Uno level project. You said you can write code for Arduino.

Ryan Jones

Joined Aug 27, 2016
This is Arduino Uno level project. You said you can write code for Arduino.
My issue now is the IDE interface. After some code change and debugging, I decided to take a step back and run the original code as is just to see if I get a reading at all. Upon doing so I realized there is no, or I can't seem to locate, the serial monitor. None of the tutorials or user guides actually explain how/where to retrieve your data results. I've clicked through everything and googled for quite some time. Even if I had the proper sensor, working within the IDE is vastly different.

shteii01

Joined Feb 19, 2010
My issue now is the IDE interface. After some code change and debugging, I decided to take a step back and run the original code as is just to see if I get a reading at all. Upon doing so I realized there is no, or I can't seem to locate, the serial monitor. None of the tutorials or user guides actually explain how/where to retrieve your data results. I've clicked through everything and googled for quite some time. Even if I had the proper sensor, working within the IDE is vastly different.
Use Serial Terminal program. Win7 does not come with one. There are several serial terminal programs that are quiet popular even within Arduino community.