Hello!

Tails

Joined Feb 13, 2007
I am new here, and i saw this site, and saw it was pretty cool. I am a huge Tails fan from the Sonic the Hedgehog videogame series, and I am a freshmen in college studying electrical engineering, and i thought this site would help me expand my knowledge on circuitry.

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
Welcome to All About Circuits!

Hope you make use of the facilities here and feel free to make any suggestions on how we can improve the site.

Btw, I remember Sonic the Hedgehog on the Mega Drive (what a great console!). Do they still produce Sonic? It was quite a big hit here in the UK in 1990s.

Dave

Tails

Joined Feb 13, 2007
Yeah they do. They have 2 new games. Sonic the Hedgehog for the Xbox 360 and Sonic and the Secret Rings for the Wii. I still play the originals on my genesis.

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
Yeah they do. They have 2 new games. Sonic the Hedgehog for the Xbox 360 and Sonic and the Secret Rings for the Wii. I still play the originals on my genesis.
Still milking the brand! :D To be fair it was a pretty good series of games. I have seen emulations of the original Sonic the Hedgehog on mobile phones, which is every bit as good as the original version on the Mega Drive. I also remember the cheat on the MD - UP-DOWN-LEFT-RIGHT-A-B-C-A(hold)-Start. How sad! :eek:

Dave

Thinker

Joined Jan 9, 2007
There is a new game out on the PSP called the mega drive collection, where it has some of the classics mega drive games all cramned on one UMD disk. I think it has Sonic in there too.

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
There is a new game out on the PSP called the mega drive collection, where it has some of the classics mega drive games all cramned on one UMD disk. I think it has Sonic in there too.
That sounds a similar idea to those All-In-One-Joysticks that theyt release a couple of years ago. You could get a replica joystick for the Atari (can't remember which one, but it was the one that ruined your hands!) which had about 10 games built into the joystick. A year later they had an All-In-One-MegaDrive-Joypad with about 8 games built in - one of which was Sonic.

I suppose I'm getting old for games nowdays (or not as the case may be), but I have spent many a day with old console-classics. Compared to todays games they may not have the graphics, but they certainly have the game-play. As a football (soccer) mad youth I fondly remember the original Fifa International Soccer series (1994) on the Mega Drive - I didn't leave home for about 3 months!!

Dave