Heat pumping action of corona?

So for us who are late to the party here, how is the 200 - 700 KV DC being generated? o_Oo_O
The device is essentially an asymmetrically 'driven' Tesla coil (although not true TC topology - it might tolerably be regarded as an SSTC/Oudin 'hybrid' - sortao_O) -- Output EMF and symmetry are 'peaked' via tuning of interacting LC tanks (loads of fun!:rolleyes:) -- For it's crude artlessness I must concede that, with patience, it is a (barely) passable source of hundreds of kV with down to ≈ 5% 'regurgitation' (e.g. well tuned, a +200kV output is, in actuality, a 210.526kV p-p sine wave with zero-crossing at 10.526kV 'above' it's 'negative peaks' (i.e. +200Kv Pk, -10.526kV Pk)

Disclaimer: I neither 'like' nor advocate implementation of the above described circuit (for its instability [Specifically 'load sensitivity'], difficulty of adjustment, low current availability and all around inelegance!:rolleyes:)-- That said, @Aleph(0) and @Jazz2C are rather 'taken' (one might even say 'tickled':eek:;)) with same - Ergo, realization of my professed egalitarian editorial paradigm very likely requires composition of a tutorial upon the subject in the course of the (EHT PSU) series:rolleyes: -- FWIW said apparatus is occasionally referred to as a 'Vabar magnifier'...

This sounds like my sort of project to play with! :D
Better you than me!:eek::D

Very best regards
HP:)

I can't find a link right now but IIRC there is an alternate theory ascribing vortex tube cooling to acoustic phenomena? So are you saying that's just a woo woo theory?
I'm aware of said theory and, although quite skeptical, do not categorically dismiss it sans further consideration/investigation! -- My point was that vortex positions are not down to acoustic standing waves, etc! -- the kinetic phenomena described in your last post, however, are definitely acoustic in nature and related to the 'cold spots' only in that the latter 'enforce' ion pressure gradients -- To be clear the revolving ions are not 'driving' the plates, etc...:)

Best regards
HP:cool:

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
So what I am gathering it's sort of an air core flyback transformer that runs in the RF frequency range to produce high voltage DC? o_O

To be honest I have yet to ever read the EHT power supply thread. :oops:

Uninteresting title and fear of too many big words I guess.:p

So what I am gathering it's sort of an air core flyback transformer that runs in the RF frequency range to produce high voltage DC?
The Vabar transformer (proper) is an arrangement of three single-layer coils coaxially wound about an 'air' core -- FWIW, circuit topology is essentially that of a 'blocking oscillator' -- Frequency of operation ≈ 1Mhz ± ≈ 200kHz:)

To be honest I have yet to ever read the EHT power supply thread. :oops:
Should you ever decide to 'take a gander' please look at the tutorial itself prior to viewing subjecting yourself to the thread in general:oops::D

Uninteresting title...
Would 'Arcs, Sparks And Ionizing Rays' do?:D:p

Very best regards
HP:)

Aleph(0)

Joined Mar 14, 2015
Would 'Arcs, Sparks And Ionizing Rays' do?
I like it:D!

It's on my reading list now.
Tcmtech thanks:)! We'll try not to disappoint:D!

Disclaimer: I neither 'like' nor advocate implementation of the above described circuit (for its instability [Specifically 'load sensitivity'], difficulty of adjustment, low current availability and all around inelegance!:rolleyes:)-- That said, @Aleph(0) and @Jazz2C are rather 'taken' (one might even say 'tickled':eek:;)) with same
Tickled, bitten and turned every which way but loose:eek:! HP that's the _loads of fun_ in adjusting it:D So I'm not saying I'm great fan of Vabar genny but it's sort of cool to get to maybe 1MV DC without rectifiers:)!