Having trouble identifying the value of a ceramic capacitor I need to replace and other components.

JCole92

Joined Jun 3, 2021
Im trying to repair the component inside of and electric drum cymbal. Specifically a Yamaha PCY-65
I've tried to identify the value of the capacitor because I need to replace it.
Also, Im trying to figure out what the component next to it is. (with the orange knob) Just incase I need to replace it also.

The Capacitor reads:
F
25V
KCK

Im new to this forum so I apologize if I went about this the wrong way. Im excited to learn about electronics rather than taking in somewhere to have it repaired.

Thank You.

Attachments

metermannd

Joined Oct 25, 2020
You're looking for a ceramic (non-polarized) capacitor, 0.1uF, 25 volt rating.

The other part is a 'trimmer' potentiometer (variable resistor), and '204' indicates it measures 200K ohms.

Delta Prime

Joined Nov 15, 2019
Is it ok to use one that's rated for 50v like:
Ceramic Capacitor

Or maybe is there a site you can recommend for small components like these?
You cannot use that particular capacitor for your application I don't wish to confuse you. There are temperature coefficient involved with your capacitor replace it with the exact same one exact same markings you can find them at digikey, Mauser Newark element 14. Good luck to you
The chart I provided were for reference only, if you have any other questions do not hesitate to ask.

Delta Prime

Joined Nov 15, 2019
Yes, higher voltage is ok.
No!
When the PCY series pad is used with a DTX Series Drum Trigger Module, enter the module’s Trigger Setup
Edit display and set the Gain (pad input level) parameter so that the display reads 90-95% when the pad is
struck strongly. Refer to the Owner’s Manual that came with your module for more information.
If the output level is too high, the pad’s dynamic range (the difference between loud and soft sounds) will be
reduced and problems such as double triggering (multiple triggers being produced by a single stroke) may occur.
1623014838404.png

Attachments

Delta Prime

Joined Nov 15, 2019
So, what this has to do with the voltage of the cap?
Nothing it'll work, it's just good when you're starting out to replace it with the exact same item so if something untoward happens to the unit he will not be fixated with the change he made and investigate elsewhere. That's my motivation you got caught in the mix very selfish of me. By the way welcome to misfit Island! :D