Having trouble finding finding Diode

kunkles

Joined Apr 16, 2015
First post. woo

Im building a power distribution box to power multiple 12v devices it has an input for power from the wall and power from a VCLX battery. Im having trouble finding a diode that seems like it will work. It needs to support max current of 4-5 amps and a max voltage of 16v. Any help would be appreciated ive just been having trouble reading the spec sheets Ive been getting conflicting terminology through google.
thanks everyone

kunkles

Joined Apr 16, 2015
thank you. really dumb newb question but based on this i should be looking at the "Voltage - DC Reverse" for my max voltage? I guess ive been getting thrown off by "Voltage - Forward (Vf) (Max)"

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
Yes, reverse voltage is the maximum voltage it can block in the reverse direction, forward voltage is the voltage across it when conducting the stated amount of current (the forward voltage varies some with current).

kunkles

Joined Apr 16, 2015
hmmm ok. I installed the one i mentioned and i got some smoking once i started to put a good sized load on it. I have to check my current again when i get home, but i cant imagine its more that 3amps

kunkles

Joined Apr 16, 2015
right now its pulling 1.2A @ 150w there are a couple other things i need to plug into it and id like to have some headroom. I think i might possibly need 12amps @ 250w total