Handheld calculator for LC tank?

upand_at_them

Joined May 15, 2010
Anyone know if there are any handheld scientific calculators that I can program with the LC tank formula? What I'd like to be able to do is enter a frequency (F) and a capacitance (C) and have it calculate the inductance (L). And be able to do that over and over with just entering F and C, or even just F.

Sometimes I do this on my simple TI-36X, but it gets tiresome to do the calculation every time when I have lots to do. Yeah, I can use Excel when I'm at my PC, but having a handheld calculator is my preference.

Thanks.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Anyone know if there are any handheld scientific calculators that I can program with the LC tank formula? What I'd like to be able to do is enter a frequency (F) and a capacitance (C) and have it calculate the inductance (L). And be able to do that over and over with just entering F and C, or even just F.

Sometimes I do this on my simple TI-36X, but it gets tiresome to do the calculation every time when I have lots to do. Yeah, I can use Excel when I'm at my PC, but having a handheld calculator is my preference.

Thanks.
They certainly exist, but I don't know if they are available. All of my HP calculators can do it along with my TI-92.

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
I used an old TI-36 until I wore the markings off of the keys, later ones were also etched. But there are some electrical calculations (such as those using complex numbers) that it starts to fall short on. So, I moved "up" to an old TI-82 which is a whole lot bigger and cumbersome in comparison. Its advantages outweigh the TI-36 even though it runs on batteries (seldom needs changing).

ApacheKid

Joined Jan 12, 2015
The HP Prime G2, a superb calculator now not officially available from HP any more but out there.

Amazon have them but some of the feedback stated they were used, refurbished so I opted to buy a known used one from ebay, its a very neat calculator, oddly under appreciated, I'd never heard of it until recently when I researching this.

BobTPH

Joined Jun 5, 2013
Just bought an app that has all kinds of electronic formula calculators for 2.99. The he free version did not do resonance.

Electronics Toolkit

Bob