Hall Effect Sensor signal modification

Clansman

Joined Jul 27, 2019
Hello, I'm Mauricio and i really don't have much electronics knowledge.

Ok, I have a raptor 700 Bike who haves a speed limiter and i want to get rid of it.

It's a hall effect sensor that goes on a pinion inside the transmission and when i hit 6000rpm its don't let me go faster in 5th gear.

Is there someway to modify the output signal that is sended to the ECU, like divide the signal so it thinks the bike is going slower, i mean if it counts 10 pulses, divide it and tell the ECU that are 8 or 9 instead of 10?

I hope i have explained well

Thanks

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
Welcome to AAC!
The 6000 rpm limit is there for a good reason. Higher revs could damage the engine or some transmission component, or may adversely affect mixture control and emissions. The modification would probably also invalidate your insurance and any warranty.

Last edited:

Clansman

Joined Jul 27, 2019
Thanks for answers,

Bikes here are not street legal, we use them just for desert racing, so it's legal

The 6000rpm limit just happend on 5th gear, on other gears the limiter is 9100rpm, i can actually go faster on 4th gear than 5th gear because of speed limiter

ATV here doesn't have warranty btw

Clansman

Joined Jul 27, 2019
It's a sensor who use a sprocket on a transmission gear, it reads on all gears, but only achieve the limiter speed on 4th gear at top rpm and 5th gear.

I was reading on internet and found something that will maybe work, its a CD4013 connected like this:

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
That is a standard divide-by-two circuit.
Is the gear shift manual or automatic? If the latter, then messing with the Hall sensor output could affect gear-shifting.

Clansman

Joined Jul 27, 2019
It's Manual, i'm almost sure the only function of that sensor is limiting the speed, i can run with it disabled for a while (and it runs really fast), but check engine comes on because it doesn't sensing anything