Half bridge working using gate driver help needed

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009

mishra87

Joined Jan 17, 2016
Just a quick look at the schematic shows that you are using "0"ohms on the gate resistors, should be between 10 and 50 ohms. And your bootstrap circuit for the high side mosfet won't work, no diode.
This device has internal bootstrap diode .

Is there any use of R43 resistor .?

Regards

mishra87

Joined Jan 17, 2016
Hi shortbus ,

Thanks for your reply .

Sorry to say that still i am unable to understand.

I have gone through the datasheet:

C12 bootstrap capacitor is being charge with internal bootstrap diode with 12V supply and it is being discharge with stated sequence .

In my cases of battery voltage is 42V.
So how motor is working I still don't understand working of this circuit.

Kindly consider me totally blank and then make me understand.

Thanks

mishra87

Joined Jan 17, 2016
Merry Christmas to All,

May be most of people are enjoying new year and hence I see less participants in the thread.

Although I have gone through some technical data of high side boot strap driver.

Still I don't understand the operation of circuit and motor.

May be a very explanation would help me.

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
I still look forward someone to explain attached circuit.
Considering motor as a look.
still i am not able understand how motor is working ...
Not to be harsh but if you don't understand a simple circuit like that maybe you should take up another hobby. Go back and read about half bridge circuits. you are really acting like a troll.

mishra87

Joined Jan 17, 2016
Not to be harsh but if you don't understand a simple circuit like that maybe you should take up another hobby. Go back and read about half bridge circuits. you are really acting like a troll.
Sorry to say and to be very frank, I have gone through several datasheet and videos of half bridge converter. All applications notes are having different statement so it is confusing to me about my circuit.

I also have gone through TI application for bootstrapping circuit and I tried to understand my but I couldn't unnderstand thoroughly.

That's the reason I reported my querry on the fourm..

I get a basic answer from this forum. if somebody understand the thing he will not ask the doubts.

it was simple to answer that current flow through motor when upper mosfet is ON and current flow lower moter when lower mosfet is ON.

may be this thread would have ended in your last comment by thanking you.

Anyway thanks for your support.

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
Sorry to say and to be very frank, I have gone through several datasheet and videos of half bridge converter. All applications notes are having different statement so it is confusing to me about my circuit.
This is not a convertor if, that's what your looking for no wonder you don't understand. You want to look at DC motor control circuits.

If you only want to turn the motor in one direction, what I said in my post #5 is what you need. If you need it to turn in both directions you need to look for a circuit called a "H-Bridge", basically two half bridges. You never, that I saw in the thread, stated what you really wanted. But my explanation in #5 was the simplest way to control the motor for one direction of running. No high side driver or mosfet needed.

it was simple to answer that current flow through motor when upper mosfet is ON and current flow lower moter when lower mosfet is ON.
Turning both the high and low side mosfets on at the same time will create somethng called "shoot through", letting out a lot of smoke in your circuit.