H Bridge switching - Obstacle Avoidance Robot

jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj

Joined Mar 8, 2020
Hi there! I am looking for some guidance on an obstacle avoiding robot using two infrared sensors. I have fully designed a circuit apart from connecting a logic circuit to the H bridges to make the motors work in forward/reverse. From my understanding, I believe that the output of the logic gate IC's can then be connected to S1 and S3 to input 5 volts. However, I am unsure about whether the current will flow wrong if they are directly connected. I am also unsure about how S3 and S4 can be switched between being a short circuit and 0 volts. As a short circuit over the motor is created if both S3 and S4 are connected directly to 0 volts.

If anyone could clear up my questions for me, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time! :)

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
A diagram of what you're talking about would come in handy. Things like S1 or S3 mean nothing to people until you reference it to an image.

jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj

Joined Mar 8, 2020
A diagram of what you're talking about would come in handy. Things like S1 or S3 mean nothing to people until you reference it to an image.
or as linked below is an example of how the h bridge circuit looks in its simplest form. Obviously the voltage would be supplied from a logical Ic which helps dictate the direction of the robot

Attachments

Janis59

Joined Aug 21, 2017
However at H-bridge safety solutions there are a broad gap where to alter every existing solution. First is need for better voltage isolation for upper and lower shoulder grounds, differing at last for 600 but may be even 1200 V. Thus the solutions are ferrite transformer, optron, or level shift system. Althree some 6 orders too slow for real life extremal needs. Those extreme cases (not all in general low level uses of course) demands the safety triggering in about 10 nanoseconds, and that is solely kingdom of lasers and light waveguides.