golf cart battery circuit

TJS

Joined Jan 2, 2011
I just replaced the batteries in my EZ Go Golf Cart and had a couple of them backwards. I hooked everything up and went to charge. Nothing happened. Realized what I did and now have the mall on a pso/neg loop. When I turn the cart on, it shows a ful charge, but the cart does not go, nor do the lights come on. When I plug up the charger it doesnt not come either.
Help...

Kermit2

Joined Feb 5, 2010
Un hook them and RE DO it.

The charger probably has voltage level checking circuit so it doesn't try to charge 12 or 24 volt batteries, or 48 volt either.

Are these 6 volt batteries?

TJS

Joined Jan 2, 2011
I unhooked them and have them in correctly now. When I turned the cart on it showed a full charge but would not run. After about 20 mintes the charge went to low.
The charger will not come on now. Do you think I have damaged it by having then in incorrectly earlier?

TJS

Joined Jan 2, 2011
I just replaced the batteries in my EZ Go Golf Cart and had a couple of them backwards. I hooked everything up and went to charge. Nothing happened. Realized what I did and now have the mall on a pso/neg loop. When I turn the cart on, it shows a ful charge, but the cart does not go, nor do the lights come on. When I plug up the charger it doesnt not come either.
Help...
I have swith the 2 batteries around that were out of place. Thecharge light comes on now, but the cart does not run. When I hook up the charger, it does not start. Have I damaged it possibly? And why will hte cart not run. All the wiring is in the same place as prior to replacing the batteries.

TJS

Joined Jan 2, 2011
I have not tried to locate a blown fuse yet. what would keep the charger from kicking in whne it is connected to the cart? When I unplugged the charger form the outlet, I noticed some corrosion on the plug that want there a week or so ago. WOuld that have anyhting to do with having the pos/neg loop out of order, and why would it not come on? I have plugged it into another outlet that I know is active, and it still does not come on.
thanks for any suggestions...

hgmjr

Joined Jan 28, 2005
I have not tried to locate a blown fuse yet. what would keep the charger from kicking in whne it is connected to the cart? When I unplugged the charger form the outlet, I noticed some corrosion on the plug that want there a week or so ago. WOuld that have anyhting to do with having the pos/neg loop out of order, and why would it not come on? I have plugged it into another outlet that I know is active, and it still does not come on.
thanks for any suggestions...
The lack of a response from the battery charger may be an indication that a fuse has been blown.

If you can track down the protective fuses in the cart you will probably find that one of them give its life to protect the cart's delicate electronics from the reversed batteries.

hgmjr