generator with rotary transformer instead of brushes

Salvador1

Joined Jan 9, 2015
Hi, i've been struggling with this for some time.
Would a faraday disc generator work if I used a rotary transformer instead of using brushes or slip rings for commutation.? Assuming I'm using an AC magnetic field as the source field for the disc instead of a static DC magnet field.

My own guess is that not because a faraday generator depends on a stationary part and a rotary part of the same current loop, but who knows...

Also , how do you think are there any frequency independant generators ? Assuming all generators except for the homopolar ones rely on induction as current generating process,do you know of any generators that have their rotational rpm independant from the frequency they output ?

alfacliff

Joined Dec 13, 2013
the faraday disk generator is a dc unit. a transformer would not work. the rotary part turns through a magnetic field, the brushes pick off the current. it is not a very efficient or high output generator.

Salvador1

Joined Jan 9, 2015
it's not only a dc unit, if you have a magnetic field which is AC excited through the disc then the output would be AC.the question is not about what a farday disc is as I know that, the question is about wayt o commute the current but thast kinda complicated to answer I guess, I would be happy to hear some deep thoughts on this.