generating ultrasonic waves by piezo element

KeithWalker

Joined Jul 10, 2017
There are many different kinds ultrasonic transducers and drivers available for different applications. You can get them for ultrasonic cleaning, liquid level measurement, under water fish finding (sonar), distance measuring, etc. What exactly do you want to do with it?

ali_unb

Joined Sep 22, 2020
There are many different kinds ultrasonic transducers and drivers available for different applications. You can get them for ultrasonic cleaning, liquid level measurement, under water fish finding (sonar), distance measuring, etc. What exactly do you want to do with it?
I dont want an ultrasonic transducer
I want to generate ultrasonic by piezo elements for level sensing
Im trying to make ultrasonic sensor
is it possible ?

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
Are you trying to make an ultrasonic distance sensor? To install in a tank, looking down at a liquid to determine the volume of said liquid in said tank?

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
How far from the liquid surface will the measuring device be? (There are cheap distance sensors widely advertised on the web, but they have a specified minimum range).

KeithWalker

Joined Jul 10, 2017
I dont want an ultrasonic transducer
I want to generate ultrasonic by piezo elements for level sensing
Im trying to make ultrasonic sensor
is it possible ?
Yes, it is possible. There are many tutorials on the internet on how to do it very easily and inexpensively using an Arduino microcontroller and a HC-SRO4 ultrasonic sensor. If you really want to make your own sensor using ceramic transducers, that will be much more complicated. What is your level of expertise in designing analog and digital circuits? Are you familiar with the physical properties of ceramic transducers?
Regards,
Keith

ali_unb

Joined Sep 22, 2020
If you really want to make your own sensor using ceramic transducers, that will be much more complicated. What is your level of expertise in designing analog and digital circuits? Are you familiar with the physical properties of ceramic transducers?
I'm not experienced at piezoelectric ceramic transducers case but I'm experienced at Arduino and programming and a little experience in electronics

Janis59

Joined Aug 21, 2017
RE:""How far from the liquid surface will the measuring device be? No more than 30cm""

At my yacht I have rather mighty sonar able to get as much as 400 meters afar, but let it only be 1 milimeter out of water the max distance is zero point zero zero zero.

Janis59

Joined Aug 21, 2017
First the Ali ought to decide what kinda signal he wants. Today everyone demands a fashionable CHIRPED signal. Older devices use two or three frequencies combined signal. Radically simplified devices use a mono-tone pulsed signal. Then must decide resonant or aperiodic. However with aperiodic there are fundamental difficulcies to get any revelent power. Thus - how wide will be resonant BW? Let the chirp is covered. Then find will it be serial or parallel system, one with small Voltage and with enormous current or vice versa. Then depending on distance decide on power demands - 5 kW for far distance 500W for average or 50W for short nearness? Then decide about frequency demands - what is the smallest object size need to be seen Typical is 110 kHz up to 5 MHz, however not rarity are rough devices on 44 and even 22 kHz. Then build a circuitry and think about sensing an echo, ADC etc.

KeithWalker

Joined Jul 10, 2017
I'm not experienced at piezoelectric ceramic transducers case but I'm experienced at Arduino and programming and a little experience in electronics
Then I highly recommend that you use an Arduino with the HC-SRO4 ultrasonic sensor. It is small and inexpensive and is also accurate and reliable. It would take you a very long time to gain enough knowledge and expertise to design your own.
Regards,
Keith