Gas pressure guage (Digital)

destramic

Joined Oct 2, 2017
Hey guys, i have very little experience when it comes to designing curcuits/electronics, although i have done a little when i was in school 10+ years ago.

I want to put a gas pressure guage to a circuit with a led display, displaying the current pressure....but i would like some professional advise on how to get kickstarted.

i have used software in school were i was able to design circuits, i suppose that would be a good start if anyone could make some suggestions on which one to use, aswell as any designs diagrams or any advise as i am a rookie.

thank you.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Have you identified the sensor you want to use? It will have specifications for both the power supplied to it and the type of signal it outputs. That will in turn define the signal conditioning you need to do.

Is there a reason you don't just buy what you want? It will likely save you time and money.

What gas and pressure are we talking about? Obviously, a flammable gas calls for a whole set of precautions in electronics anywhere near it.

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
What range of pressure are you interested in? Distribution mains pressure before the meter or regulated domestic pressure (<30mbar) after the meter?

destramic

Joined Oct 2, 2017
0-25mb...is there a diagram about on how it could put a pressure sensor and a led display on a board so it displays the pressure?

thank you

mcgyvr

Joined Oct 15, 2009
That sensor outputs .5 to 4.5V scaled to the pressure..
A simple 5V voltmeter is a start.. but then you need to scale the voltage to a number..They show the curve on the page you linked..

Now scaling/displaying it is where it gets more involved..
A "similar" project is here..
https://www.allaboutcircuits.com/projects/make-a-digital-voltmeter-using-the-arduino/
You will just need to change this formula to match your pressure...
input_voltage = (analog_value * 5.0) / 1024.0;