From breadboard to schematic

Discussion in 'Homework Help' started by brandon jr, Nov 26, 2017.

1. brandon jr

Thread Starter New Member

Nov 26, 2017
    I am having trouble drawing this schematic. I think r2 and r3 are in parallel but i dont know if i am right and i know if i draw it wrong my calculations will be wrong
    breadboard.png

be80be likes this.
  2. WBahn

Mar 31, 2012
    What is required for two resistors to be in parallel? Do R2 and R3 meet those requirements? If so, they are in parallel?

Another easy to miss subtle point: What is the voltage difference across this resistor network?

Take your best shot at drawing a schematic and show it. Then we can give you feedback to figure out if and where you made a mistake.

3. brandon jr

Thread Starter New Member

Nov 26, 2017
    Screen Shot 2017-11-26 at 7.57.22 PM.png
    This is what i have drawn so far

4. absf

AAC Fanatic!

Dec 29, 2010
    Is this really homework?

Don't you need to calculate anything like the total resistance or voltage or current flowing through each resistor?

5. tranzz4md

Apr 10, 2015
    Yup. No difference.

Turn your b-b or your "schematic" 90° and they'll match each other exactly. I draw horizontal rungs primarily anyhow.

6. WBahn

Mar 31, 2012
    This would certainly appear to match. To verify it, color each node a different color and then identify those nodes in the breadboard. If they all match up, then you are good.

Now, what is the voltage of the battery in your schematic?

7. WBahn

Mar 31, 2012
    MOD NOTE: Doesn't it seem at least remotely possible that since the problem gives the color bands, that part of the assignment is for the TS to determine the resistor values based on that information? Let's give the TS the opportunity to exercise his skills in that regard and let us know what THEY determine them to be. THEN we can confirm/correct what they tell us.

EDIT: The posts in question have been deleted, but the point is still worth making note of.

8. be80be

AAC Fanatic!

Jul 5, 2008
  9. WBahn

Mar 31, 2012
    We haven't been given any indication that this is a problem area for them. If it is, let's see how it is a problem so that we can help correct it. By supplying all three resistor values, the TS doesn't even have to attempt to figure out any of them, and so if they do have problems doing so, they won't get to have that pointed out.