Free oscilloscope

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
I made this offer to an individual who has not responded in >48hrs so now I'm opening it up to the public.

I have a tektronix 2430A scope that I haven't used in years. It worked fine last i used it. I took it out a few days ago for a demonstration, plugged it in and it puked a capacitor. It shows some failed self tests now.

If anyone wants it you can have it for the cost of shipping. As far as I know, all it needs is a capacitor replaced, and which capacitor should be obvious, although I haven't opened it up to look.

If I don't get any interest in another 48hrs I'm throwing it away. I don't have room for it.

Attachments

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
I made this offer to an individual who has not responded in >48hrs so now I'm opening it up to the public.

I have a tektronix 2430A scope that I haven't used in years. It worked fine last i used it. I took it out a few days ago for a demonstration, plugged it in and it puked a capacitor. It shows some failed self tests now.

If anyone wants it you can have it for the cost of shipping. As far as I know, all it needs is a capacitor replaced, and which capacitors should be obvious, although I haven't opened it up to look.

If I don't get any interest in another 48hrs I'm throwing it away. I don't have room for it.
Where are you shipping from? I’m in Weymouth, MA just south of Boston

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
It weighs 30lbs, you can get an estimate from the UPS website to your location. For reference, I've seen them on eBay with Shipping charges between $30 and $60, but that isn't always a good barometer because some sellers pad the shipping price so they can make the product seem cheaper.

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
It weighs 30lbs, you can get an estimate from the UPS website to your location. For reference, I've seen them on eBay with Shipping charges between $30 and $60, but that isn't always a good barometer because some sellers pad the shipping price so they can make the product seem cheaper.
My UPS Store is closed tomorrow. If someone comes along before I get back to you, go for it.

soyez

Joined Aug 17, 2020

If anyone wants it you can have it for the cost of shipping. As far as I know, all it needs is a capacitor replaced, and which capacitor should be obvious, although I haven't opened it up to look.

can you give a shipping estimate?