Found a ton of Kone Elevator PCB Boards?

Neon Embers

Joined May 6, 2016
Inside some bushes on my property was some random locked briefcase with around 15 different pcb boards. I googled the serials to find that its from the company Kone Elevators. A lot of the boards I looked up were being sold for around 500$. So is there any way I can resell these? Does anyone know? How much would I be able to sell them for?

Here's an example of one of them
https://escalatorparts.en.alibaba.c..._for_KONE_elevator_spare_parts_772850G02.html

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
I'd contact the company. There could be a reward if these were lost by a salesman or especially if they are prototypes.

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
Inside some bushes on my property was some random locked briefcase with around 15 different pcb boards. I googled the serials to find that its from the company Kone Elevators. A lot of the boards I looked up were being sold for around 500$. So is there any way I can resell these? Does anyone know? How much would I be able to sell them for?

Here's an example of one of them
https://escalatorparts.en.alibaba.c..._for_KONE_elevator_spare_parts_772850G02.html
A guy named @Glenn Holland will be here soon. He should know.

Glenn Holland

Joined Dec 26, 2014
Well Here I am!!!

First, I wonder who left the brief case full of Kone Elevator boards and were they lost or stolen? There is a black market for elevator boards and I wonder if someone burglarized a truck or shop to get them. To be on the safe side, I would contact Kone nearest your city. If they were stolen and you try to sell them, you could be liable for possession and sale of stolen property.

Neon Embers

Joined May 6, 2016
Well Here I am!!!

First, I wonder who left the brief case full of Kone Elevator boards and were they lost or stolen? There is a black market for elevator boards and I wonder if someone burglarized a truck or shop to get them. To be on the safe side, I would contact Kone nearest your city. If they were stolen and you try to sell them, you could be liable for possession and sale of stolen property.
Will do. I've already contacted the police, and they said I can have it because they know nothing of it. Ill give Kone a call tomorrow (or monday if they're closed). But you say there's a black market for this? Would you be able to point me in that direction? The last thing I want to do is hold onto this stuff for a long time.

But yeah it was literally just sitting there in my yard. The briefcase had 2 locks on it, had to cut around the locks to open it. Also there was a larger wire cutter and a leatherman tool set in the briefcase. As well as random wires and what seemed to be replacement parts. The wire cutter might indicate a break in. But the random bolts and parts to me feels like a sign of legitmatacy. Was the strangest thing ever.

Glenn Holland

Joined Dec 26, 2014
Will do. I've already contacted the police, and they said I can have it because they know nothing of it. Ill give Kone a call tomorrow (or monday if they're closed). But you say there's a black market for this? Would you be able to point me in that direction? The last thing I want to do is hold onto this stuff for a long time.

But yeah it was literally just sitting there in my yard. The briefcase had 2 locks on it, had to cut around the locks to open it. Also there was a larger wire cutter and a leatherman tool set in the briefcase. As well as random wires and what seemed to be replacement parts. The wire cutter might indicate a break in. But the random bolts and parts to me feels like a sign of legitmatacy. Was the strangest thing ever.
As I said before, the situation sounds suspicious and there may be legal issues with trying to sell them. So you should try to contact Kone or another elevator company in your area.

Glenn Holland

Joined Dec 26, 2014
Actually, it's just a TV prop and a fake elevator and the only way to fix it is to install a real elevator behind it. :p

I was also very amused when I saw elevators on TV shows in the 60's where the doors were like sliding closet doors and there were no doors (or safety edges) on the inside of the elevator.

Then there were the sound effects (a loud hum) of the elevator running. The only elevators that made that noise were 1915 to 1920s vintage 3 phase AC and the hum is actually from the brake magnet and not the motor.

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
Actually, it's just a TV prop and a fake elevator and the only way to fix it is to install a real elevator behind it. :p
Are you sure?

I was also very amused when I saw elevators on TV shows in the 60's where the doors were like sliding closet doors and there were no doors (or safety edges) on the inside of the elevator.
There is a great interview with William Shattner and Johnny Carson where Shattner is talking about the sliding doors on the original TV episodes of Star Trek. He said they were just cardboard panels for the Pilot and the cast were told everything will be mechanical when the show gets picked up by a network. He said the same cardboard panels were used for the whole run of the show - simply pulled open and closed by stage hands - sounds added after the fact. .

RichardO

Joined May 4, 2013
[QUOTE="GopherT, post: 996729, member: 185531" He said the same cardboard panels were used for the whole run of the show - simply pulled open and closed by stage hands - sounds added after the fact. .[/QUOTE]
Or not opened...