Force a water pump to draw more current for a short period

@jpanhalt

Removed_for_Cleaning.jpg

Picture with the extension tube removed and the filter slightly pulled out. I didn't call make up or room service to clean everything before these pics were taken. I need to see what else I can come up with. I'll look for the actual gasket, shaft collar and the filter part numbers.

Generally, I clean it when it's dry with a vacuum cleaner. Their is one nearby for the dryer lint.

That tub is a dual tub about 60 years old. I don't know if you would call it concrete or not. The top edge is metal.

I had to replace the original "laundry faucet". It's operation is downright silly "made cheaper" and it causes problems with other people using the sink too.
With the original faucet, UP was on and DOWN was off. The new one, it depends if it's the hot or cold water. You never find that out until you buy one. The faucet is too high so I made a removeable extension. The replacement was an emergency (from Lowes I think) and the only way to replace it was to turn off the water to the entire house. I did find the OEM faucet online somewhere.

There is a shutoff that does laundry sink, washer and outside faucet. The washer and outside have independent shutoffs and the entire area was re-plumbed. I silver-soldered a pipe to the thumb-drain-valve for the outside faucet, then to a small valve and 1/4" plastic tubing. The drain then empties directly into the laundry tub. The line meanders through an unheated brick, insulated, and dual pane windowed porch. The line can and has froze.

@jpanhalt
The PM your looking for might be in the "other forum".

View attachment 180441

Picture with the extension tube removed and the filter slightly pulled out. I didn't call make up or room service to clean everything before these pics were taken. I need to see what else I can come up with. I'll look for the actual gasket, shaft collar and the filter part numbers.

Shaft Collar, Quick Clamp, 1-1/2 In, Alum
Zoro #: G0997211
Manufacturer #: QCL-24-A
Manufacturer: Ruland Manufacturing
$52.03 in 2019

invoice in 2014 from Zoro
G0997211 Quick Quick Clamp Shaft Collar,1 Expedited $44.26 1 $44.26
Clamping 1/2" Bore
Shaft Shipping
Collars Available

Gasket, Ring, 1 In, PTFE, White
Zoro #: G1978602
Manufacturer #: 37045-1101
Manufacturer: Garlock Sealing Technologies

Invoice in 2014 from Zoro
G1978602 Microcellular Gasket,Ring,1" Expedited $5.08 1 $5.08
PTFE, Shipping In,PTFE,White
Available White (Garlock 3545)-PTFE and Fiber Rin

Need to find the p/n of the filter.

Generally, I clean it when it's dry with a vacuum cleaner. Their is one nearby for the dryer lint.

That tub is a dual tub about 60 years old. I don't know if you would call it concrete or not. The top edge is metal.

I had to replace the original "laundry faucet". It's operation is downright silly "made cheaper" and it causes problems with other people using the sink too.
With the original faucet, UP was on and DOWN was off. The new one, it depends if it's the hot or cold water. You never find that out until you buy one. The faucet is too high so I made a removeable extension. The replacement was an emergency (from Lowes I think) and the only way to replace it was to turn off the water to the entire house. I did find the OEM faucet online somewhere.

There is a shutoff that does laundry sink, washer and outside faucet. The washer and outside have independent shutoffs and the entire area was re-plumbed. I silver-soldered a pipe to the thumb-drain-valve for the outside faucet, then to a small valve and 1/4" plastic tubing. The drain then empties directly into the laundry tub. The line meanders through an unheated brick, insulated, and dual pane windowed porch. The line can and has froze.

Last edited:
@jpanhalt

The likely filter is:

Filter
200 Micron, Size 6, Semi Rigid Bag Filter
4 Inch Diameter, 8.5 Inch Long, 3/4 Sq. Ft.
MSCdirect Part #: 37022613, Pentair Mfr Part #: 155395-03

You need to cut out the plastic handle located inside.

I found a new 25 um filter which has the right shape and top section. the laundry filter is likely 200 uM.
@$7.00 6/2019 pricing

Last edited:

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
Hi Kiss,

I don't think I will go finer than 200 um and maybe even coarser. Although the cellulosic stuff doesn't degrade very well, I treat with CuSO4 frequently and get the system pumped every 2 to 3 years (I live alone). It should all be in the first tank.

John

I seem to remember Nylon, but I can't find a filter. Certain filters, you had to throw away and you could not clean.
I haven't taken a pic of the filter I am using, but it does have a sewed seam. The flange is the same as the 200 um one. Basically a Nylon flange with a "lift pull" so you can remove the filter from other things. That is hard nylon that was cut off. it's not centered in the filter. there is a hard ring in some of the filters. Seems like these are called "bag filters" although sock seems more appropriate.

This https://www.pentair.com/content/dam.../4003014_Liquid Filter Bags_SS_Rev E_MY15.pdf tells you what "could" be available.

As an aside, I was thinking of using a filter in an outside drainage system where clay soil erodes into my storm drain and ends up at the discharge elbow. The soil needs to be removed once and a while. The end point is a pop-up, a flex coupling, PVC about 18" down to an elbow with a drain hole and netting, then horizontal schedule 40 PVC with netting and drilled holes and a rock bottom, flex couplings, then 4' of solid PVC under a sidewalk, another flex coupling, 10' of ez-FLOW (Basically peanuts and netting around a 4" corrogated pipe), the to SDR pipe for about 20'

This takes care or drain back. The 20" horizontal before the discharge is above a water main.

In order to filter clay, the media has to be about 50 um. It needs a bypass if the sock should get clogged. I'm not using a filter here, but could if i install the bypass. I've designed the bypass.

I do wish I put a cleanout before the EZ-drain.

Last edited:

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
To avoid having particles separate from a flow you need to maintain the velocity so that they do not settle out. It is the loss of kinetic energy that allows the particles to settle. Thus a smooth straight path with a fairly constant cross section avoids particle settling. Exactly the opposite of what is done in hydraulic systems to keep the fluid clean. That is how I learned this.