Footprint - Relay and button on Altium Designer

Aline Nunes de Souza

Joined Sep 17, 2015
Hello
I'm doing a project, however, I need the footprint of a different button of the I have in the Altium library, and a relay too.
I need to use HLS8l-DC12V-SC relay and a 4-pin push button.
I'd appreciate if someone could provide me the footprint of these components, I've just started using Altium and I have no experience creating libraries. Also, I need these components urgently.
Thanks in advance.

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
If you're going to use Altium, I very highly recommend learning how to make your own libraries. It is one of the most common things you'll need to do (I am speaking from experience here). Having someone do it for you will get you absolutely nowhere. There are plenty of tutorials out there that walk you through the process (here is one: http://techdocs.altium.com/display/ADOH/Creating+Library+Components+Tutorial).

You can find the footprints in the datasheet. The HLS8l-DC12V-SC relay is made by He Li Shun. The datasheet can be found by googling the part number (http://www.dipmicro.com/?datasheet=HLS8L.pdf).

Scroll all the way to the bottom and you'll find the recommended PCB layout.

As for the 4-pin push button, you do not give enough information. You need a part number. Do you already have a switch? Do you have any information on it? If not, I suggest picking out a different switch, one for which you have info. Once again, the datasheet should give you a recommended PCB layout.

Regards,
Matt

Aline Nunes de Souza

Joined Sep 17, 2015
Ok, thank you, but I'm kind of feeling lost. If you could send me the footprint for the Altium, it would help me a lot.

I found these images in the internet that are just like my push button.

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
Ok, thank you, but I'm kind of feeling lost. If you could send me the footprint for the Altium, it would help me a lot.

I found these images in the internet that are just like my push button.

Like I said, simply giving you the footprints isn't going to help you. You should learn to do it yourself. I even went through the trouble of looking for a tutorial and posted the link in my first response.

The diagram you posted will help. Look for the part that says "PCB mounting" or "Recommended PCB Layout" in the datasheet. That will show you the size of the holes and where to put them (how far from one another to place them). I follow the hole size recommended in the datasheet, and for the pad size I double the hole diameter.

Please follow the tutorial and learn how to do this yourself.

Aline Nunes de Souza

Joined Sep 17, 2015
Unfortunately I could only return to the project today. I ended up finding a question on the image of the step. In the tutorial was used the option in blue, but to create the relay, which option should I choose?

Attachments

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
Unfortunately I could only return to the project today. I ended up finding a question on the image of the step. In the tutorial was used the option in blue, but to create the relay, which option should I choose?
Have you created the schematic symbol yet?

Some non-standard components are not included in the component wizard, so you have to create the footprint by hand. You do that using the recommended footprint from the datasheet.

Try doing a little bit of research and find some tutorials that don't involve the component wizard. You need to show some effort yourself too, I'm not just going to give you answers :p

Matt

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
Hello,

Have you made any progress developing your own library? If you're still having trouble I made a basic tutorial for creating a schematic and PCB library in Altium Designer 15.1. Let me know if you have any further questions.

Regards,
Matt