flyback transformer, reading the diagram

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by yngvin, Jul 3, 2017.

1. yngvin

Thread Starter New Member

Jul 3, 2017
    Hello to everybody,
    my name is Yngvin and I'm new to electronics but studying hard. I'm trying to build a HV generator and for the purpose I'm using CFL driver (11W-400V) and a flyback transformer. My multimeter is dead so i've found the flyback's schematic on the producer web page. I'm having problems reading it to identify the primary coil.
    Below is the link to the diagram, can someone help me to find the primary coil on which i can connect the CFL output?

http://www.hrdiemen.com/assets/esquemas/HR7402-f2d7f4f79f8df06c4cd525705cd478e1.gif

I have the red thick wire thats the HV of course and a black one comming out from the center (i suppose its the GND) so i dont need to identify it.

Thank you in advance and congrats with the forum, i like it :)

2. Dodgydave

AAC Fanatic!

Jun 22, 2012
    That's a Lopt from a TV, primary winding is 4,5.

3. yngvin

Thread Starter New Member

Jul 3, 2017
    thank you Dodgydave, how u know that? by its dimension or what? or because the pin 4 is "+ Vcc" and is connected to pin 5?

is normal that im getting 1mm spark with my 11W CFL? what could happen if i connect 2 CFL to the flyback?
    thanks

4. Dodgydave

AAC Fanatic!

Jun 22, 2012
    Pins 4,5 are the Primary windings they need to be pulsed at around 15 to 16Khz with a 100V supply, the outputs are are on the other pins marked up, use 8/11 or 7 to HV for the biggest spark.