Flex cable need help fixing it

Aaron Sifford

Joined Dec 28, 2015
I have a problem i have 55 inch led tv that was damaged due to having soda spilled on the front of the screen when I took apart of the tv i found the problem it was just corroded near the flex cable going into the screen.
here is IMG_20151219_234324937_HDR (1).jpg a picture of the damage maybe some one can tell me how to repair the damage please. plus the traces are ruined to someone please help on top on this i need to know what pitch this flex cable is thank you

nerdegutta

Joined Dec 15, 2009
Hi, and welcome to AAC.

This looks nasty. It will not be easy to repair. One thing you could try, is to gently wipe the traces with Acetone, and solder on thin enameled copper wires. The wires need to be coated, or they will short when they come in contact with each other. You need steady hands, a thin solderiron tip, and a good eye.

If you mean the width if the traces with pitch, i think it is 8mils or 6 mils. Just guessing.

If you solder anything wrong, or get a solderblob, you could damage the whole thing. Be warned, and good luck.

Aaron Sifford

Joined Dec 28, 2015
what if i could get another flex cable to go over top the other cable split the connections and solder a new wire to the connections on the bottom parts on the board.

KJ6EAD

Joined Apr 30, 2011
In addition to the obvious corrosion, often liquid spills damage vias as well. If that's a small front panel board, it may be better to try getting a replacement. With some brands this is not too difficult or expensive.

Aaron Sifford

Joined Dec 28, 2015
In addition to the obvious corrosion, often liquid spills damage vias as well. If that's a small front panel board, it may be better to try getting a replacement. With some brands this is not too difficult or expensive.
this board is the board that goes into the tv screen i dont see away to get another board