Fixing a Radeon HD 4350 512 MB HDMI PCI-E

Dynamizer

Joined Jun 18, 2016
On April 1st, 2009 I have purchased a Sapphire Radeon HD 4350 512 MB HDMI from an italian store. I used the videocard for some time until it got faulty so I put it aside and I didn't use it anymore until now. When I picked it back I found on the backside that near the pci-e connector there was a missing smd capacitor:

After getting some old spare broken pci-e graphics cards, I finally found a compatible capacitor (measured with my capacitor capable multimeter) so I struggled a bit but finally soldered a new one in that same spot:

checking out afterwise for shorts, and not finding any, luckily.
But the card won't work anyway, so checking around I found this other problem, maybe, that is what it seems to be a broken smd resistor (or resistance?):

I tried to ask directly to sapphire support, but they denied to let me know what value is R32, so: can anyone help me?
I was thinking that if someone have the same card, they can try to measure it, but I don't know if it can be measured without desoldering it from the board: maybe it would be worth if your card doesn't work anymore but the resistor is still good.
I know it's pretty hard to answer me, but maybe I can revive my card and not waste it (and save money also).
Thanks in advance.

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
Welcome to AAC!

This isn't what you want to hear, but video cards are throw aways. I have 40 years of experience in electronics and when I have computer problems, I troubleshoot to the board level and just replace the boards. It's not worth the time and effort to try to repair because you don't have schematics or a way to test and, as you found out, the manufacturer is more interested in selling you a replacement than helping you fix what you have.

If it was bad electrolytic caps, I'd give replacing them a try; but anything else is a long shot.

If you're determined to attempt to repair, trace the circuitry around the resistor and other resistors going to the same logic. They may all be the same value.