First off. Hello.

4guitarguy

Joined May 21, 2019
Hi everyone.
I’m new to this forum. But not a complete novice.
I am however needing some help.
I have a schatten pickup winder and the
H21LTB opto has gone and it’s counter no longer works.
The H21ltb is now obsolete. So I was wondering if one of you genius out there know an equivalent or if there’s a cross over sheet.
Thanks

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
Thanks I seen them just worried they’re not what the say there are.
Have you ever bought from them?
No. In fact I haven’t used AE at all, but there are many members here who have and they’ve had success. There is some sort of protection for purchases. Others know more than me. I previously eschewed AE entirely but so many here are regular buyers who have said it’s generally OK.

Hopefully, someone will pop into the thread and explain AE.

dendad

Joined Feb 20, 2016
I just pulled an old commercial photo copier to bits and it had probably a dozen in it. part number unknown. But do you have any dead printers? They too use them. With a bit of circuit tracing, it should not be hard to find out the pins if there is no part number on them. Also, try them on a breadboard first.

Your not really buying from AE, but rather the individual companies. China heavily subsidizes shipping so it's often free.
Depending on the shipping method, you or the receipt of goods (tracking) releases payment to the vendor. Aliexpress usually just
handles the money. It's important to acknowledge the receipt of the goods in satisfactory condition. if the goods are not reprieved, often the goods are replaced. it's a little unfair that it costs about $20.00 SD to ship to China and nothing for them to ship to the US.

Wolframore

Joined Jan 21, 2019
I use AliExpress when I have time... I look forward to getting little manilla envelopes with some goody in my mailbox. Other times the pricing is usually only a little higher through Amazon or ebay and I can get my stuff next day or within a week...

98% - no problem
2% - sometimes doesn't arrive, had bad stuff... wrong plugs (I need US not EU)... doesn't work

AliExpress is the storefront like Amazon but for individual businesses and they hold the payment in escrow until you confirm or a timer runs out. You can expect delivery in 15 - 45 days. Not sure why such a big difference. I have never had any issues with not getting a refund if there's an issue. I have never been asked to send anything back. Worst part is delivery time if you're in a hurry to fix something so domestic suppliers get my rush order.

Dodgydave

Joined Jun 22, 2012
Hi everyone.
I’m new to this forum. But not a complete novice.
I am however needing some help.
I have a schatten pickup winder and the
H21LTB opto has gone and it’s counter no longer works.
The H21ltb is now obsolete. So I was wondering if one of you genius out there know an equivalent or if there’s a cross over sheet.
Thanks
Strip an old printer or mouse down, otherwise...
What about OPB625 opto, it has a single transistor output not a Totempole...

https://www2.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Optek-TT-Electronics/OPB625?qs=4w61lb/lP8A8btnwwPWAmw==

4guitarguy

Joined May 21, 2019
I use AliExpress when I have time... I look forward to getting little manilla envelopes with some goody in my mailbox. Other times the pricing is usually only a little higher through Amazon or ebay and I can get my stuff next day or within a week...

98% - no problem
2% - sometimes doesn't arrive, had bad stuff... wrong plugs (I need US not EU)... doesn't work

AliExpress is the storefront like Amazon but for individual businesses and they hold the payment in escrow until you confirm or a timer runs out. You can expect delivery in 15 - 45 days. Not sure why such a big difference. I have never had any issues with not getting a refund if there's an issue. I have never been asked to send anything back. Worst part is delivery time if you're in a hurry to fix something so domestic suppliers get my rush order.

Thanks. My biggest thought is are these what they say they are. I’ve had some dodgy stuff sent to me via eBay. Rebranded and doesn’t work.

Dodgydave

Joined Jun 22, 2012
Yours has a Totempole output, which gives you full rail to rail switching, the other will pull it down to ground and uses a resistor to pull the signal up. It will work just as good

Wolframore

Joined Jan 21, 2019
It seems like the one he posted has a buffered output... I have a huge bag of photo-interrupters but mine does not have the buffers.

upload_2019-5-21_8-48-30.png