Finding missing current

TangoMango

Joined Apr 15, 2020
Hello everyone,

I was wondering if I could get some help on this question below. I know it's says use kcl but I'm just not seeing how I can find these missing currents. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Also this is my first circuit analysis class so I'm sorry if the answer is blatantly obvious!
IMG_20200415_220108.jpg

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
It's the unknown currents, not the missing currents.

So what does Kirchoff's law state?
If you understand that, then the answers are indeed, obvious.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
You need to show your work for your best attempt. Don't worry if it's not very good or very complete. What we are looking for is a starting point to get a glimpse of the approach you are considering and where you are going right and where you are going wrong. Then we can better help you address the underlying issues so that you can move forward.

TangoMango

Joined Apr 15, 2020
How about starting off with this one:

View attachment 204582

And then this one:
View attachment 204583
How about starting off with this one:

View attachment 204582

And then this one:
View attachment 204583
You need to show your work for your best attempt. Don't worry if it's not very good or very complete. What we are looking for is a starting point to get a glimpse of the approach you are considering and where you are going right and where you are going wrong. Then we can better help you address the underlying issues so that you can move forward.
Okay thanks for the heads up, I will keep that in mind for future posts.

It looks like from those pictures the unknown current would be 2A. (I did get that answer before I posted, just wasn't very confident in it). Also from the pictures you posted you removed the the connection of the 5A resistor and the 3A resistor, why is that?