Film at 11:00

MrSalts

Joined Apr 2, 2020
Paper maps - knowing how to fold a map

record stores

Local news weather showing the radar image without state lines, highways and major city centers.
1663891827465.jpeg

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
We used to buy prepaid scratch cards for the internet at that time. BDT 200 for only a few hours. The speed was nothing compared to what we have today.
Bangladesh? You are the first person from Bangladesh that I can remember ever seeing on this forum, or on the whole internet. I actually wondered if Bangladesh had internet.

I don't remember scratch cards for internet but we used to get CDs from America Online (AOL) for x hours of free dialup. And that reminds me:

Irving

Joined Jan 30, 2016
I've experienced the start of TV, solid-state electronics, computers and the internet.
I wonder if today's generation will experience any break-through technology, such as one of those(?).
Likewise, but when you put it like that i suddenly felt old, which generally i dont. (internally I'm still 25, but that's a discussion for another thread).

I'd add
- 1st man in space
- moon landing (and just maybe again 'soon')
- CP/M & OS/2
- VT100 & 3270 terminals
- cell phones without sms
- PAL colour TV
- press button A
- press button B

Ian0

Joined Aug 7, 2020
I miss paper maps ... the tiny screen of a smartphone, or even that of a desktop, will never compare to the practicality of being able to quickly find a place and get a sense of proportions of the trip one plans to make.
I love paper maps. My ambition is to collect all 204, but I don't allow myself to buy them unless I've actually visited the area.
ordnance-survey-landranger-map-193-taunton-lyme-regis-p25088-201217_medium.jpg