Figuring out which fuse is which

nimitj

Joined Jul 20, 2017
Hi All,

I have a DAC Card for a sound system that stopped working. I was quickly able to work out that 1 fuse and 5 caps had gone. I've replaced the caps, but am unable to find any schematics for the board to work out what the fuse it.

All I know is the board has 4 fuses. (F1 - F4), the tech spec sheet gives the followings:

+3.3 V DC, ±0.3 V / 140 mA
+5 V DC, ±0.25 V / 190 mA
+18 V DC, ±0.5 V / 270 mA
-18 V DC, ±0.5 V / 160 mA

Any help anyone can give me would be amazing. The product itself is the Electro-Voice AO-1.

Thanks
Nimit

mcgyvr

Joined Oct 15, 2009
So do we assume that F1 = the 140mA fuse and F2 = 190mA and F3 = 270mA and F4 = 160mA ?
If so can't you read the reference designators on the board to identify each one?

Or do you know which fuse is blown and you are just asking for us to find the proper replacement part number?

Sounds like they are poly resettable fuses in the 1608 SMT package.. But thats it..
F might be LF for littelfuse or F for Ferraz Shawmut or even just F for fuse from Bussman/Eaton,etc...

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
With power applied, take a voltmeter and measure the voltage at the fuse (try both leads of the fuse) with respect to GND. This will tell you which fuse is which.

nimitj

Joined Jul 20, 2017
So do we assume that F1 = the 140mA fuse and F2 = 190mA and F3 = 270mA and F4 = 160mA ?
If so can't you read the reference designators on the board to identify each one?

Or do you know which fuse is blown and you are just asking for us to find the proper replacement part number?

Sounds like they are poly resettable fuses in the 1608 SMT package.. But thats it..
F might be LF for littelfuse or F for Ferraz Shawmut or even just F for fuse from Bussman/Eaton,etc...
---

According what info I can get from the tech specs and speaking to Bosch.

F1 = +18v
F2 = -18v
F3 = +5V
F4 = +3.3V

I know F3 has blown this shows as open when measured. I'm kind of after a little advice on what might be a suitable replacement. Not so much someone finding it for me, just some direction.

Thanks