Fiber Optic HArdware question

Sigma229

Joined Apr 17, 2019
Hello,

I am writing to ask a weird question about fiber optic equipment.

Is JT-COM SFP hardware safe to use or would I have to worry since it is a company in China who makes and distributes it?
Has anyone tried to use that brand or can someone point me to a budget friendly brand?

Thanks
Sigma

Janis59

Joined Aug 21, 2017
Was a question about optoisolation hardware? Just SPF I know what is at solar tan smears but no more.

You should be extremely worry because the Chinese communist ideology will leak out of all the holes in the wiring. And the family budget will crash immediately paying those few dollars. :) :)
However my experience with opto-fiber-isolation tech is very positive, I had to transfer accurate synchro pulses within nanosecond accuracy to trigger the scanning machinery after the ultra-high power laser sync output needle. The problem that in the laser room (isolated for safety) was some 30 meters afar and all the sub-megawatt power supplies gave the MHz to GHz range electromagnetic smog far over the several kilovolts per meter. Thus I concluded to apply the Avago. Namely older complect HFBR 1528-1533 and later newer complect HFBR 2528-2523. Results was convincing.
Later I had idea to use both for analog opto-insulated oscilloscope probes, for 36 kV 120 kW SMPS testing. However there the success was far smaller, them was absolutely too slow. And faster just unexist until now. Except the digital fibers, but I need the analog input.

Last edited:

Sigma229

Joined Apr 17, 2019
Hello,

Thanks for the fast reply and info, I really appreciate it.

So my follow-up question is what is a safe brand of SPF equipment to get then?
So far I only purchased the fiber cables I need and then the " SC SFP Module Gigabit DDM BIDI mini gbic 1000Mbps fiber tranceiver sfp module Compatible with Mikrotik Cisco Switch "

I assume it is the switches that would be the biggest worry?
I can always return the SC SFP Modules if I have to worry about them.

Thanks in advance
Sigma

Janis59

Joined Aug 21, 2017
Ouch, at last I put a knot to the laziness and found that SFP means: <<SFP stands for small form-factor pluggable>>.
Thus, that abbreviature may be harmlessly omitted.
And dry rest is "Fiber transceiver".
With unknown parameter - Analog signal or Digital. Seems the second whilst I told You about analog previously.
I cant much to tell about ready-made machinery. You should ask the local networks installation guy.