Feedback on choosing the correct motor

bootloader9800

Joined Jan 12, 2021
One issue with steppers is they use the rated current constantly, regardless of load.
One advantage however is the stationary torque can be applied constantly to hold in place.
You can get motors with sensors, but they are relatively easy to make with either a slotted wheel or other non-optical types.
Ty. Why are we having that sensor again? What data are we trying to feedback? Ty

GetDeviceInfo

Joined Jun 7, 2009
On power off it should NOT be towable. It should act like a stepper motor where it has power, but impossbile to move until the correct signal is sent. I hope I was clear. Ty
I’m trying to envision a useful garden cart. Does it have a specific function, ie transporting a harvester, applicator, planter, or is it a general purpose follower.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
I recently picked up a couple of surplus geared automotive seat positioning DC motors, not a great deal of speed but a lot of power in a small package.
Automotive wreckers are a good source.

GetDeviceInfo

Joined Jun 7, 2009
I recently picked up a couple of surplus geared automotive seat positioning DC motors, not a great deal of speed but a lot of power in a small package.
Automotive wreckers are a good source.
I agree. Cheap and readily available.
Only problem would be that tow thing, which would make it that much more useful.

BobaMosfet

Joined Jul 1, 2009
On power off it should NOT be towable. It should act like a stepper motor where it has power, but impossbile to move until the correct signal is sent. I hope I was clear. Ty
One question you haven't answered is how long do you want a battery to last? This is a critical factor in determining all power-aspects and motor ratings...