Fan Tachometer signal to on/off state

JohnnyBravado

Joined Sep 28, 2023
Hi guys,

I have a fan tachometer signal that is faster than my PLC can manage to read.
Is there any readily available PCBs out there, that would be able to take the tach signal, analyse it, and provide a simple ON/OFF output based on the speed?

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
Hi guys,

I have a fan tachometer signal that is faster than my PLC can manage to read.
Is there any readily available PCBs out there, that would be able to take the tach signal, analyse it, and provide a simple ON/OFF output based on the speed?
Welcome to AAC.

This module might work for you. It is a frequency to 0-10V converter. While it is not go-no go, it would allow you to have a compatible signal for the PLC.

1706272077524.png
If you can’t handle the analog signal directly, you could add something like this voltage comparator module. The output of the frequency to voltage module would go into this one, and you would set a threshold voltage to indicate on/off—then treat the relay as a dry contact closure

1706272542620.png

JohnnyBravado

Joined Sep 28, 2023
Perfe
Welcome to AAC.

This module might work for you. It is a frequency to 0-10V converter. While it is not go-no go, it would allow you to have a compatible signal for the PLC.

If you can’t handle the analog signal directly, you could add something like this voltage comparator module. The output of the frequency to voltage module would go into this one, and you would set a threshold voltage to indicate on/off—then treat the relay as a dry contact closure

Perfect, this should do the trick. Thank you very much!