Fan Choosing

BALCI4677

Joined Nov 19, 2019
Hello, I would like to design control station, and I didn't decided cooling fan. My case size is 535 x 360 x H 225 mm. And I will put the fan on the large side and inlet height is 175 mm. Can you help me about the fan choosing?

Sensacell

Joined Jun 19, 2012
Meaningless question?

How much power is dissipated in the enclosure?

As to most things engineering, without some numeric units, it's totally pointless to guess.

BALCI4677

Joined Nov 19, 2019
Meaningless question?

How much power is dissipated in the enclosure?

As to most things engineering, without some numeric units, it's totally pointless to guess.
I'm sorry for this bad question. I'm new in this platform. I exactly would like to ask what's the parameters for fan choosing and what's calculation method for fan choosing? Beacuse there are uncertain components in this case.

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
As asked above, how many Watts does the control station use?
What voltage (AC or DC) is available to power the fan?
What physical space limits are there for the fan?

Dodgydave

Joined Jun 22, 2012
What is a Control Station,,, just selct the maximum size that will get rid of the fumes or good airflow with the best voltage available...

AlbertHall

Joined Jun 4, 2014
Hello, I would like to design control station, and I didn't decided cooling fan. My case size is 535 x 360 x H 225 mm. And I will put the fan on the large side and inlet height is 175 mm. Can you help me about the fan choosing?
Note that you will also need an outlet for the air the fan is pushing in. As far as possible position the fan and the heat producing parts such that the air is directed at the hottest parts.

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
My case size is 535 x 360 x H 225 mm.
So from here you calculate the volume of the case or cabinet. Next you look at how much heat whatever is in the cabinet generates under worst or maximum operation conditions. When looking at fans you consider the volume of air a fan moves per minute. Finally how often do you want to change the volume of air for outside ambient air. Normally in a large cabinet I bring air in the bottom and vent it out of the top.

Ron