aliexpress.com

Seller advertises original parts , but send non logo fake clone parts

seller is to be avoided when buying parts

parts will cause problems if you use them as they are no name clones

save your money dont deal with fake clone chips from this seller

Attachments

takao21203

Joined Apr 28, 2012
Here in Ireland we have loads of faulty merchandize.

Bought a motion detector from a poundshop, its self operating, rubbish.

USB yokes at most last a month or two.

Bought a Wifi speaker ball, micro USB broke off after two weeks.

All my mobile power banks fried up and the USB sockets broke out.

Incidentially I fitted TP4056 boards on these.

Even laptop USB sockets are bad here in Ireland, at times, the USB device is reconnecting just from the keystrokes.

The best thing was a fake branded USB card reader for more than 20 Euro- nothing short of a plain 1.50 Euro poundshop reader exactly the same thing inside. The contacts not gold plated just tinned. It lasted a few times.

Ive used 20 or 30 readers since I have to use a SONY card. The recent 1.50 poundshop kind works for some months!

USB micro is the most awful thing ever invented, just to make some luxury girls happy how slim their latest ifone is Oh wow, sexy, another 0.2mm more slim, I must buy this today.

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
seller :Mega Semi

aliexpress.com
In my opinion, AliExpress is always a gamble. That doesn't stop me from buying there; I just expect some of the stuff I buy to be duds. I wouldn't buy any integrated circuits/semiconductors though...

Most of the Sellers have no clue about the products they sell.

takao21203

Joined Apr 28, 2012
In my opinion, AliExpress is always a gamble. That doesn't stop me from buying there; I just expect some of the stuff I buy to be duds. I wouldn't buy any integrated circuits/semiconductors though...

Most of the Sellers have no clue about the products they sell.
Most chinese sellers dont not the bottom line online dropshippers.
But some do, pay more, get more service.
I can have parts custom produced if need be.

I have worked with a seller on Aliexpress and now theyre on ebay too.
We found some poorly marketed and overpriced products and now, you can get small audio transformers, DIY kits, neon lamps, old CPU chips, more kinds and for better prices.

I was never thinking theres so much demand for these small audio transformers!
In fact there are bogus claims, just recently a customer complains the 1:1 Audio transformer doesnt work to give 14V from AC mains transformer.
Some complained the linearity isnt good some asked me for a 20hz to 10khz kind.

How can you classify a seller? A good seller knows all their products somehow, and in general, is able to understand about them. And is able to test at least some kinds, to get different quotes, similar kinds, answer all questions, and help out within 24 hours in case of any problem.

You dont get this from large distributors for small orders.

My recent efforts have worked well, Im seeing some larger orders now through cross promotion, price reductions, and new items all together.

LEDs are unbelieveable cheap now, Ive seen as low as 3.50 for 1000pcs white kinds.
Sure pay a dollar for each, exactly the same kind from same supplier, to receive a reply not really interested nor knowledgeable neither.

A good seller really has tems matching together, of some decent make, some branded, so you could build circuits from these, get most parts for a project from one seller.

A bottom line seller has mostly cheap fashion and phone cases, or even some adult items. Theyre not neccessarily cheap but often quite reasonable.

What do you think where the old CPUs come from? most the waste like old cash registers, gambling automatons (ive heard many were x86 based), pinball cabinets and so on, homecomputers and PCs, was shipped to China long ago, and was dismantled and recycled, the PDIP ICs just pulled out.

Some are still in production or have been more recently such as MC6821 or Freescale 68008

Fake parts is a concern for some specific parts, like expensive transistors, but the design is often as such they would burn out under some circumstances anyway.

Just a knockoff is not fake. Think all the plastic shells are made in China, you couldnt afford the tooling in US or Europe, or would you like to pay 20,000 for a new laptop? 4,000 for a television?

Consumer electronics was moved to China decades ago on behalf of western businessmen, because the prices were quite high, remember commodore hardware, quite powerless but in the 1980s it was quite a high price.

Then 30 years later theres not so much demand for some transistor kind, the small equipment sold off or leased or have them run some other parts for 1/2 year.

Ive looked at little eastern Europe mfg plants recently
See this

smaller IC kinds with a some microns process are not special these days.

You seem to act like you dont realize most these small consumer parts have moved off to asia for mfg and are no longer made in US or Europe.
There are some smaller players still but they dont make standard parts youd commonly know.

The distributors may sell you one and the same kind of IC from the same production line.

Japanese parts are more special as it is not China, and its still pretty closed up, parts are expensive and quality often is very good.
But in recent years this is not longer true.

Mitsubishi had many their own ICs with house numbers and you couldnt normally buy these at all.
They were not available to private customers.
Even nowadays, small electronic parts are difficult to buy in Japan and expensive, artificial scarcity.

You should be happy you get access to China for buying.
Back in the 1970s or 1980s no distributor would deal with a small or private customer.

If you have plans for larger orders, to produce an Appliance or work on a professional project, consult your distributor by all means.
If they dont communicate well, look for a different distributor.

Something like 50pcs IC or one bag transistors, counts as sample only, shipped with regular mail, no import charges or tax.
Larger orders, you can expect to pay tax, and its not shipped via mail.

There are many professional chinese sellers, some worked for western companies. They have something like a supermarket in Hong Kong with individual booths and some samples.

Aliexpress and ebay are not the sellers they are only service brokers.

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
You seem to act like you dont realize most these small consumer parts have moved off to asia for mfg and are no longer made in US or Europe.
I am very familiar with companies having products manufactured in China and that it's common for Chinese manufacturers to deliberately lower quality over time in a manner that the company can't easily detect to increase their profit margin.

I also know that some of those manufacturers compete with their customers by selling equivalent product on the side or selling rejected product as authentic OEM.

I also know that Chinese inspectors sometimes set up factories to manufacture bogus product that they "confiscate" and give to the companies employing them for the "bounty" on recovered counterfeit product.

I also know that the Chinese Government protects some of the entities manufacturing counterfeit parts by making some regions off limit to inspectors.

I also know that there are areas in China where counterfeit product is openly sold and that both parties know the product is counterfeit.

takao21203

Joined Apr 28, 2012
This is why people like particular brands so much, unless they are counterfeit as such, some of the price paid goes into well designed QA schemes and the brand as such often stands for some level of quality and relieability.

compared to white goods "supermarket brands" and chinese brands.

then you have purchasing avenues who just stick a phony name on some enclosure send a rep to a trip go to hotel have a brief inspection of the factory.

All they do every small step all cycles of action add up to some picture.

its often pressure from commercial buyers for better price, they may fall below profitability, promized larger contract or opportunity to make profit in the future, not want to disappoint, employ some "measures" to lower the price.

Not some greedy chinese hand painting IC logos, welding pins on old ICs filing them, and fill old capacitor cases with smaller new kinds.

More like simply to use cheaper substitute materials or leave out some things like proper IC die adhesive.
Ive definitely seen MOSFET legs made from recycled unpurified metal.

They may ask the application and simply put a fake logo on the MOSFET doing away with the safety margin some engineer cooked up. Or they may have in mind the appliance should fail if used at max power or just fail after a short time like cheap tools.

They may leave out parts not essential (aka fake Apple wall adapter).

Then you have higher than ususal temperature some ESD event, total failure, new purchase required.

Its more like the actual parts used in the mass produced consumer goods, not so much decades old mature technology which is available at pretty low cost.

Sure you can get Fairchild transistors from distributor for almost ten cents a piece only to observe "no longer stocked" because no longer used for mass produced appliance.

In the 1970s japanese kinds like the 2SA8050 and 2SA8550 were quite common, nowdays small CFLs mostly contain just one kind of transistor. If these CFLs get too hot they will last not even a year but you could patch them up the boards and tubes mostly exchangeable, seperate boards and tubes, but no, must stick to the socket system and electronicc PCB in socket system its prone to wear out. They could make these CFLs very long lasting and seperate and exchangeable but its LED technology recently anyway.

Its things like inverter boards, CCFL tubes, SSD (storage) and wireless transmitters these days, so you could see a great variety in wireless speeds even for perfectly fine branded devices.

Then you have small DIY kit with single side PCB and TH parts sure the capacitors are 30% off the resistors made from aluminium vapour and cardboard...

Ive seen for instance small adjustable tracking pot in a VCR then Ive had a chinese sales contact search for these he found a very simliar looking (if not same) component, i think 500pc 1M and 50K pots, they are nice looking comfortable to use, small, and quality looks perfect to me.

Rotary encoders sure, theres ALPS, LOTUS, noname kind blue plastic, and a cheaper ALPS knockoff.
I dont sell these as ALPS, even if they look very similar and share a box, the handle is a tiny bit different, the backside is a tiny different, and the inside for sure has differences, may not have all coatings and finishing and may not have been fully tested like ALPS. They are not just a little cheaper they cost a fraction and little visible difference.

And I have Panasonic encoders too with a massive zinc extruded knob as onepiece not detachable, they make a smooth clickering noise and you can feel each step.

So the encoder is used a few times a year, you need Panasonic massive kind?

You may have vibration, heavy use, high temperature, function avail critical, well advised to take the best available kind

The cheapest kind may do the job but the best available kind may do the job a little better and as for these eoncoders you can look at all and see differences.