Fake product???

tindel

Joined Sep 16, 2012
It does look like there's a place for an additional PIR sensor in J10. It's not unusual for manufactures to design in additional features in hardware, but then to build different hardware variants to meet different people's needs and price points.

Did you purchase the side view unit?

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
It's a trail camera, why do you think it's a fake or counterfeit? Does it work as advertised?

It does look like there's a place for an additional PIR sensor in J10. It's not unusual for manufactures to design in additional features in hardware, but then to build different hardware variants to meet different people's needs and price points.

That's how I see it.

Ron

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Well apart from the product having the second j10 sensor missing its perfect
The question is whether the model you purchased is supposed to have the second sensor?

I have bought plenty of items in which different models had different features and they all had the same documentation. You had to look pretty carefully to find the fine print where they indicated that not all models had all the features described and sometimes even harder to determine which models had which features.

There have also been a few times where I thought I bought a model that had a particular feature, discovered that it didn't, got pretty upset, and then realized that the model I bought wasn't the one I should have bought if I had really wanted that feature. My bad.

I don't see much indication that the camera you bought is fake -- if it were, it likely wouldn't work well, if at all.

There's a good chance you can return it fir a refund or exchange it for the model that has the side sensor, if that's important to you.

Externet

Joined Nov 29, 2005
Clean the corrosion with a toothbrush from water ingress by the bottom left of the board. Does not look fake to me; just an under-populated IR feature.

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
Well apart from the product having the second j10 sensor missing its perfect
Yes, and that is not unusual. I have seen countless printed circuit boards with components labeled but missing. This is explained easily enough.

Normally the missing components are part of options not used on the board. The fact that there are designations for components not seen does not mean something is fake. Does the trail camera work as advertised? It works or it doesn't. A good user manual should cover things including any options. What exactly is the manufacturer's part number?

Ron