Exhaust valve actuator

Status
Not open for further replies.

BR1988

Joined Apr 14, 2021
It's not my code. It's a slightly modified version from the link that you provided. I'm not sure if you want the two different PWM values (10% and 90%) selected by an on /off switch or to toggle between them with a push button. I am useless at programming in "C" so I have saved the assembler source code produced by the Arduino IDE as that make more sense to me. I have worked out that it is using 8 bit PWM so that the number that you enter to get the percentage value you want is 2.56 times the percentage value. So for 10% you enter 26 (Decimal) as that is the closest integer to 25.6) For 90% you enter 230 decimal. (The closest integer to 230.4)

Les.
I know the code is not yours but you altert it. So that’s why I said you’re name. Well about the switch, it depends on what could be possible. It may be a simple on/off switch. But a push button or even a remote button would be an option iff it’s possible offcourse.

BR1988

Joined Apr 14, 2021
Hi, It's been a while, but I'm back online. Due to some private events, I haven't gotten to my other post about the exhaust valve yet. I want to pick up this project again as soon as possible and continue to work on a solution with your support.

BR1988

Joined Apr 14, 2021
Hi everyone, it may have taken a while but I'm back in the air. Have all products from the list except the small Arduino boards. Today I also tried to copy the schematic on the website with my Arduino Uno (see photos) I connected a servo motor to it to see if I could make it run. I don't know if this will work at all with the written code. I used a push button that holds its position and releases when you push it back in. The servo does move (see video) I hope people can support me again. I think I'll get this setup up and running first and hook it up to the car to see if anything happens. If all goes well I can start thinking about developing a product that I can apply to the car.
Uitleg.jpgThis is the schema.
Voorbeeld breadboard.jpeg
This is my setup.

Voorbeeld breadboard2.jpeg

Video of it working as it iss..

Status
Not open for further replies.