Evidence Found for a New Fundamental Particle

MrAl

Joined Jun 17, 2014
Hi,

Ohhh, too bad, i had a couple i my pocket yesterday but they got lost now :)

Seriously though i did some work on my hatchback the other day replacing the gas springs and lost all four end clips as they are so small and hard to see on a black carpet because they are a black color also. I found three of them yesterday, but the fourth appears to be gone forever. The original gas shocks didnt have them installed though.

That's interesting news, we havent seen a new particle in a long time now.

Glenn Holland

Joined Dec 26, 2014
On the subject of particle physics, has anyone done any research on how socks mysteriously disappear in the laundry?

Maybe socks are like neutrons that have been separated from the nucleus and the neutron decays into other particles. Socks might be the same way: If a sock is separated from a pair, it might decay into dryer lint and wind up in the trash. o_O

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
On the subject of particle physics, has anyone done any research on how socks mysteriously disappear in the laundry?

Maybe socks are like neutrons that have been separated from the nucleus and the neutron decays into other particles. Socks might be the same way: If a sock is separated from a pair, it might decay into dryer lint and wind up in the trash. o_O
Socks like most things that disappear are just forgotten by the time builders.
10:30

MrAl

Joined Jun 17, 2014

Hi,

I always thought that they were stolen by the underpants Gnomes who also steal underpants and sell for profit (aka South Park), however rumor has it that aliens steal them and use them to power their spacecrafts.
:)

RichardO

Joined May 4, 2013

Maybe science will someday be able to answer this important question. Fortunately, the question of why toast lands butter side down has been answered:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...sts-finally-uncover-reason--height-table.html

profbuxton

Joined Feb 21, 2014
Mr.Al, your missing clip has been "borrowed" by interdimensional gremlins. Don't worry they will use it for some purpose of theirs and return it when done, or maybe keep it. I too, have items like this go missing while working on items. A small item (screw,nut or washer) (critical of course) will fall and you can watch it hit the floor and see it land. Then when you look away for an instant, then decide to retrieve it, it will be gone no matter how hard you search.
You give up to get a replacement and lo and behold you will find the missing item in almost the same place you saw it fall. How is this possible? Gremlins I say. Sometimes they return the item in a short time(in our dimension) or they will return it days later. I bet you will find your missing clip.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
It is right up there with putting something in a safe place, where you can find it again. This was a milady my Dad always had, He would put something down where he would not lose it and find several months later after being unable to locate it. Anyone heard the speculation that Dark Matter might be primordial black holes?