ESP8266 with ARDUINO

Nani Kore

Joined Sep 23, 2017
Hello! When I stumbled across the ESP8266, it piqued my interest. Also when I bought a Raspberry PI and then an Arduino, I'm afraid I got hooked!! I saw a device that included an ESP8266 with an Arduino also connected with a keypad on it, and so I created a system(cash system) which would give a password. My problem now is that I want to give that data to the Arduino using the wifi module, so I could open the Solenoid valve with the keypad. Any ideas? Also tried out my APEX bill acceptor to this idea!

Attachments

bmed

Joined Nov 26, 2016
Hi there;
what do want to do exactly, if you want to use your esp8266 so you can use it remotely using direct wifi of internet if you are far then your appliance but when you are present you want to use your keypad. i think this is your idea. if so may I can help.

Nani Kore

Joined Sep 23, 2017
Hmmmm what I want really is to have my computer transfer data( the password ) to the Arduino, so that data( the password ) could open the lock using the keypad. And I think to do this an ESP8266 would be needed right?

bmed

Joined Nov 26, 2016
Hello! When I stumbled across the ESP8266, it piqued my interest. Also when I bought a Raspberry PI and then an Arduino, I'm afraid I got hooked!! I saw a device that included an ESP8266 with an Arduino also connected with a keypad on it, and so I created a system(cash system) which would give a password. My problem now is that I want to give that data to the Arduino using the wifi module, so I could open the Solenoid valve with the keypad. Any ideas? Also tried out my APEX bill acceptor to this idea!
Hi there;
what do want to do exactly, if you want to use your esp8266 so you can use it remotely using direct wifi of internet if you are far then your appliance but when you are present you want to use your keypad. i think this is your idea. if so may I can help.

bmed

Joined Nov 26, 2016
ESP8266 is generaly used for IOT (internet of things), can you draw an explicative draw to see what is your idea...

be80be

Joined Jul 5, 2008
You don't need a arduino the esp can use the same code as the arduino. It's even faster and can hold lot's more code.
You would be better to get a esp32 it has lots of pins

Nani Kore

Joined Sep 23, 2017
Oh okay I think I get it now. I've read online on ESP8266. the ESP8266 itself can be programmed with Arduino if you install the EPSP8266 core into the Arduino IDE. Any links on the core? Since I have the relay switch for the solenoid, and keypad. All I might be needing is the board right? To follow the picture above