Error with OptoCoupler

Bordodynov

Joined May 20, 2015
Beside you come short current beside transistor. The low voltage of the feeding the opa-amp is Got (DC current transfer ratio min=20% Typ=50%). There is two ways of the improvement:
1. Reduce current of the consumption R12=1kOhm
2. Enlarge the current of management
Forgive for my English.

artmaster547

Joined Jan 6, 2016
Beside you come short current beside transistor. The low voltage of the feeding the opa-amp is Got (DC current transfer ratio min=20% Typ=50%). There is two ways of the improvement:
1. Reduce current of the consumption R12=1kOhm
2. Enlarge the current of management
Forgive for my English.
sorry to be a hassle could you explain that again? Why would changing R12 have an effect on the transistor?

Bordodynov

Joined May 20, 2015
I advise you to use Spice-program. The transistor has to operate as a switch, ie to be in saturation. this transistor current must feed an operational amplifier (I hope it consumes little, I do not have datasheet on it) is enough to consume a lot of reference diode through resistor R12.
The third option is to take the best improvement optocoupler (with a large transmission ratio).

AnalogKid

Joined Aug 1, 2013
By "cell" I assume you mean battery. If so, using a reference designator is "C" is confusing. I suggest "B".

When a circuit turns on its FETs, those FETs short out the power to the circuit.

To inure an optocoupler from random action, connect the base pin to GND with a 1 M resistor.

ak

artmaster547

Joined Jan 6, 2016
By "cell" I assume you mean battery. If so, using a reference designator is "C" is confusing. I suggest "B".

When a circuit turns on its FETs, those FETs short out the power to the circuit.

To inure an optocoupler from random action, connect the base pin to GND with a 1 M resistor.

ak
hi thanks for your explanation, with this circuit I do not have a GND anywhere could you suggest what I could do then?

artmaster547

Joined Jan 6, 2016

ak
and yes sorry I meant a battery

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
I see no obvious way the opto can turn on with no input.
Are you sure the opto is actually turning on when it shouldn't?
Is its input at 0V?

artmaster547

Joined Jan 6, 2016
I see no obvious way the opto can turn on with no input.
Are you sure the opto is actually turning on when it shouldn't?
Is its input at 0V?
There is only in theory 5V at the emitter of the BJT part of the optocoupler but for some reason there is approximatley an equal voltage at the collector also turning on the op-amp and then also turn on the FET's which I don't want

AnalogKid

Joined Aug 1, 2013
If the opto Vce is near 0 V and the LED current is 0 mA, then the opto might have failed. At less than 10 mA, the drive current is a bit light. What is the static current of the opamp?

ak

artmaster547

Joined Jan 6, 2016
If the opto Vce is near 0 V and the LED current is 0 mA, then the opto might have failed. At less than 10 mA, the drive current is a bit light. What is the static current of the opamp?

ak
sorry what do you mean by static current? Is this something I can find out from a datasheet?

artmaster547

Joined Jan 6, 2016

ak
Can you provide any suggestions of how I can improve the circuit would you select a different opto then?

kubeek

Joined Sep 20, 2005
start with one cell and one circuit only. Verify what is going on, then add a 1meg resistor between pins 4 an 6 of the opto like others have suggested to keep it off.
Come back with the results.

artmaster547

Joined Jan 6, 2016
start with one cell and one circuit only. Verify what is going on, then add a 1meg resistor between pins 4 an 6 of the opto like others have suggested to keep it off.
Come back with the results.
I have added the resistor as suggested after adding it there is now a voltage present at the base of the optocoupler and they are still turning on.