Error in gerber

christiannielsen

Joined Jun 30, 2019
Hi,

I submitted my gerber file to pcbway.com but it failed at first.

The review man at pcbway.com says: "please confirm if this is one or two layer pcb" and he attached this screenshot:
1595265208261.png

I do not understand the screenshot or why he thinks it might be only 1 layer.

As far as I know it should be 2 layers.

Can you help me understand?

thanks in advance.

Christian

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
Here is the Gerber list I submitted to Oshpark:
1595268062045.png

Notice that similar layers are distinguished by "top" or "bottom" or "t" and "b" respectively. Yours seem to use "b" for bottom and "f" for top. ("f" = first???). Of course, drills, slots, and so forth are not distinguished as top or bottom.

Can you edit the Gerber names that denote layers to use "b" and "t" or top and bottom as appropriate and resubmit?

Edit: Two layers are so common that a single layer board often requires a specific note or symbol.

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
EDIT2: There are lots of free Gerber viewers on-line. Some require a download; some can be used on-line. Even some board houses will allow you to upload your Gerbers and view them.

I use Easy Logix (https://www.easylogix.de/products_detail.php?prog_id=1 ) for my last project, but any that work will tell you what you need. That is the outline should be clear and top and bottom designs should be distinct.

Interesting top/bottom or front/back -- depends on how you hold the board. :) Frankly, I hadn't considered the double meaning of "b."

sagor

Joined Mar 10, 2019
To me, you have two "_cu" files, which I assume are copper pours. You have one visible, the layer with the blue lines. However, I do not see a copper pour for the other layer. That may raise flags. Maybe either fix the other layer copper pour, or remove it.
As a side note, your traces are real close to pads, maybe review the design rules for the routing and make the separation larger. For a simple design as this, no need to run the traces real close to other pads,

christiannielsen

Joined Jun 30, 2019
I actually didn't define any rules for tracing. Everything is with KiCad standard settings.
Also the naming of layers.

The traces are routed automatically.

Should there be copper pour for both layers? cant the layers settle with one?
I actually already ordered.