ENERGY MEASURE WITH AN OSILOSCOPE

turgay

Joined Oct 19, 2023
Hello friends. I almost became sure that we can measure of a Electrical wawe pulse''s spent energy with multiply Voltage and Current and take the result's integral with Osiloscope MATH function . I am working for a special experiment shown at picture ( Not translated to English yet and red text is enough for questions ).In the experiment we are giving DC current for a very short time (about 100-200 ms) and measuring 1- How much energy TOTAL spent ? 2-How much energy spent for COIL HEAT LOSSES? ( COIL'S resistance is 1 ohm ) For second question i multiplied current x current and i accepted the result wawe as a power wave again like first question's answer (because R=1 ohm and I x I = I x I x 1(R) = I.V) then i took the integral with scope again for energy measuring 1-..DO YOU SEE ANY MISTAKE about circuit or measuring way ? 2- Have you got easier way to measure these?

Attachments

tautech

Joined Oct 8, 2019
Using a DSO ?
Normally we would select A instead of V/div and use cursors to determine amplitude and ON time across the shunt.
Then multiply the time measured and period to arrive at Ah and with voltage calculate the Watts.

turgay

Joined Oct 19, 2023
Yes , i used cursors of Scope too of course. I tried to measure two different thing with scope with integral math function like i wrote 1. VxA x time 2. A X A x time .I am especially asking for second..? .My scope and the Voltage ( blue ) and Current wawes is in the pictureScreenshot_20231020-121819_Video Player.jpg

Last edited:

turgay

Joined Oct 19, 2023
Hello friends. I almost became sure that we can measure of a Electrical wawe pulse''s spent energy with multiply Voltage and Current and take the result's integral with Osiloscope MATH function . I am working for a special experiment shown at picture ( Not translated to English yet and red text is enough for questions ).In the experiment we are giving DC current for a very short time (about 100-200 ms) and measuring 1- How much energy TOTAL spent ? 2-How much energy spent for COIL HEAT LOSSES? ( COIL'S resistance is 1 ohm ) For second question i multiplied current x current and i accepted the result wawe as a power wave again like first question's answer (because R=1 ohm and I x I = I x I x 1(R) = I.V) then i took the integral with scope again for energy measuring 1-..DO YOU SEE ANY MISTAKE about circuit or measuring way ? 2- Have you got easier way to measure these?
20231020_110353.jpg